Grumpy Cat internet legend dies

Discussion in 'The Media' started by Joshua Tree, May 17, 2019.

1. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

[​IMG]

GLENGLEN likes this.
  2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

The misguided attention the roof of the Notre Dame got annoyed me more than the misguided attention el gato grunon recieved though

rollingalong likes this.
  3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

5. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I agree......the word ''legend'' is being used as an adjective....''well known''....the noun meanings dont include cats....thats the sad part...this cat was well known..people know he be dead....

I had never heard of this cat until it died

6. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

You are welcome to hate grumpy cat. I hate the whole way he became a celebrity as I hate the concept of celebrity.

When the cannabis scene in America became dominated by 'potsenalities' claiming fame because of their consumption of the chronic I walked away from it... celebrities suck IMHO.

People or animals should only be celebrated for an accomplishment of note, not passing fame or being a 'star.'

this is fun, rollingalong and Orison like this.
  7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You can disagree with others as much as you want but you're simply going wrong with a few assertions about the people you disagree with.
    1) just because they express themselves different about grumpy cat than you doesn't mean they're following something like lemmings.
    and 2)

Just because people express themselves in a thread like this doesn't mean they don't care about 'wars' and 'kids dying' at this very moment. So yeah... just nag on. You may have more in common with grumpy cat than you think :D

8. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Ohhhhhhh Shit...:screamcat:...Asmo Just Threw A Big Rock At A "Hornets Nest"....:screamcat:....Run For Cover Peeps..... :D

Cheers Glen.

9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

GLENGLEN and Joshua Tree like this.
  10. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

wrong....gc love is lemming behavior and stupid...no person here can even prove he wasnt abused or in general a horrible cat....you are worshipping an image in a meme...have at it brother....you wouldn't want to offend anyone with a different opinion.....I have a different opinion....I dont give a flying fuck who cares or doesn't....

grow up

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Thats only true if everyone cares as equally as everyone else, which they dont.

Grumpy cat with all the memes and millions of page requests, would have had a far bigger carbon footprint than any single human. Its like you dont care about the environment at all.

Its also dumb, cos memes are kind of dumb, and the internet is kind of dumb. I use both of course, but its hardly a priority.

I totally get the argument, theres a whole lot more important shit in the world to shed a tear over

rollingalong likes this.
  12. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

To me Grump Cat is about as real as VG or Iminmyunderwear. But all three make me laugh.

Running Horse likes this.
  13. deleted

deleted Visitor

14. this is fun

this is fun Banned

I thought that Grumpycat was actually cute because she was grumpy all the time.
    Sad that she's gone to rainbow bridge

15. deleted

deleted Visitor

its not gone.. template for meme is and forever was//. if they never made no note of cat dead/ nobody wouldve gave a shit..

I remember when morris died//

rollingalong and hotwater like this.
  16. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

17. Asmodean

Everybody got that was the argument... Congrats though :D

We simply disagree with his wording and the implication based on his observation that we don't care about dying kids we don't know... simply because we enjoy grumpy cat memes and spend more posts on that than on lets say Yemen.

18. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

This may come as a shock but upon some research, Grumpy Cat's "grumpiness" can be attributed to an underbite. We very well could have anthropomorphized her disposition.

19. Asmodean

20. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_