Growing Trees up in trees

Discussion in 'Cannabis Outdoors' started by noob_grower, Apr 9, 2007.

1. noob_grower

noob_grower Member

I was readin a thread on Rollitup and a guy was talkin about how he grew his plants up in trees, either by putting them on a pulley system and lowering them down to water and such, or putting them up in a tree thats easily climable. I figured if i used his technique my plants could get more sunlight and would be way less visable. Would you say this is a good idea? and also would you plant in pots painted camofluage to blend into the tree or putting the plant in a burlap sack with some soil?

Thanks for your opinion.

2. T.H. Cammo

T.H. Cammo Member

I've heard of this idea, but I've never heard from anybody that used it. Why not give it a try? I always thought that the hardest part would be clearing out the crown of the tree to let the sun light in.
    I'd say large pots, camouflaged with burlap, holding good quality potting mix.

This would make a very interesting grow diary!!!

3. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

It would stop the deer and wabbits :)

4. noob_grower

noob_grower Member

What kind of pots would u suggest, those pulp ones or just a regular large plastic or clay pot, and i would think that spray paint would camoflauge the pots better then burlap, wouldnt it? is there any other purpose for the burlap sack around the pot?

5. passittotheleft

passittotheleft Senior Member

The pulp ones work wonders if you can rig it up.

6. ripple

ripple Member

Carrying everything up and down numerous trees could get dangerous... Good idea though, but Im not sure if there would be any less hassle and risk of getting caught than a ground grow.

7. rat from the hosmgm

rat from the hosmgm Member

i rekon tht wud be mint u shud defo do it n post pics for a grow diary

8. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

I read an interview where a grower from Hawaii did the ole tree grow.

For me it would be...**puff** **puff** Sweet.... Ahhhh.......... bump....

9. cheeky1

cheeky1 Member

theres a book on that very subject "invisible marijuana and psychedelic mushroom gardens" by Robert Bunch its a prety good book in part on how to grow high up in the trees

10. MeowMix

MeowMix Member

I could just imagine things like bugs and stuff eating the plants and like squirrels munching on the buds and stuff... But who knows?