Growing poppies.

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by TreePhiend, May 16, 2004.

1. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

Ok, how many plants would you need to just occasionally smoke some opium? I'm talkin like 2-4 times a year, and not that much. Is opium simply the dried milk of the poppy plant or must it be concentrated somehow? Thanks!

2. madboy139

madboy139 Member

opium is simply the dried latex of the unripe poppy pod. you can just plant them in your back yard they look like any other poppy so nooone will know the difference. they grow like a mother fucker. they are truly a weed and one plant will soon be many.

3. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

One, but let me advise you, like the kid prior to me said, they grow like a fucking weed. They will over take everything, and you really can't get rid of them. They are legal to own, considered a noxious weed, but if you harvest them, ie: someone sees you walk out into the yard and cut a slice in one= the slammer. Normally I've cut a slice(not too deep) and let it drip for like 3-5 hours, then come back to break a big gooey chunk off. Seriously though, if your going to smoke like twice a year, just buy, or plant a shitload and become a poppy addict.

4. backtothelab

sry i did'nt really answer the whole thing--yes, it is the dried sap of the opium plant. No prep just let the sap ooze for a while, and take some. Also, let me add, if a cop sees a bunch with cuts, your screwed. If you have a compost heap, milk a pod once or twice, then toss it in.

5. madboy139

madboy139 Member

pick the pods after you get out the opium. make tea with them there should still be some alkaloids left.

6. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

does anyone have any
    links to a poppy specific page?

7. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

8. what kind is the easiest to grow and where can i get seeds...will local stores carry them????
    it also seems like an easy plant to grow...so would it be possible to grow indoors?????

9. 0piate

0piate Member

10. backtothelab

i would'nt bother with indoor, but i suppose if you really wanted to.

I got my seeds from a friend, but i know the walmart sells a couple different varieties of poppy, which may or may not be the type desired. Actually, walmart sells MG,HBW, and a type of salvia, but i'm pretty sure, almost positive that it's not divinorum

11. xaosflux

Has anyone on here cultivated and harvested poppies for personal use before?

12. backtothelab

yes, what's up'

13. xaosflux

Was thinking about doing this...

How much space do you need?

How long is the growth cycle?

14. jtryp

jtryp Member

15. kentuckyfunk

kentuckyfunk Member

Allright.... I Will Be The New Owner Of 2000 Poppy Seeds Next Week!!!!!!! I Can't Wait Till Those Ugly Ass Leaves Fall Off....hehe

16. tiki_god7

tiki_god7 Member

do all types of poppy plants produce opium or just a certain kind? I bought a kind off ebay called papavar somniferum heard that they all produce opium...the guy I bought them from said they do.....hate to get stiffed though

17. SpringSnow

SpringSnow Member

It's only the somniferum type (of which different types exist).