Growing Peyote

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by CannbisSouL, Nov 21, 2009.

1. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

Check this out.. I think one of my yoties (the one on the left) is planning on popping out multiple buttons. :2thumbsup:

[​IMG]

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

NIce work ... Its a very difficult plant to grow. you have been blessed.. :D

3. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

What's a peyo-thingy?

Those are some nice legal venus fly traps ya' got growing, though.

4. CannbisSouL

Those peyo-thingies are specifically exempt from Canadian drug laws. ;)

5. rainbowdave

rainbowdave Member

Just a tip from people I know who cultivate them.Lophs don't like to be fertlized much at all.They can be overfertilized and killed very easilyThey need barely any nitrogen and lots of minerals.A good choice is azomite.It is mined from utah and it comes crushed up with a chalky texture.It is a mineral supplement for plants as well as animals.You can just sprinkle a little on the top of the soil and it strengthens the stems and makes anyy plant more drought tolerant.You can also use a well diluted cactus fertilzer or bloom type fertilizer at 1/4 or less strenghth at a time.Make sure it is low nitrogen.It needs more phosphorus then nitrogen.Wish you luck.!!!!!

6. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

very true. a cactus that grows in mineral soil with almost no organic content needs almost nothing in the way of fertilizer. Don't kill em with kindness is what I always say.

7. CannbisSouL

Alright, well this summer I had a big mildew problem. The peyote were nearly killed but I took them out of the soil and let them dry off for a few months and now I have re-planted them.

They seem to be doing better, but that same white stuff in the photo above is starting to appear in this pot as well.

Apparently "Lime Sulphur" is a good way to kill off the mold, but I'm worried that spraying it on might harm the cacti.. So does anyone know anything about this?

8. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

I hear of people dusting sulphur onto san pedro cuts to make them heal better. Shouldn't be too bad for the plant if you apply it conservatively.

9. CannbisSouL

Well, I sprayed on some of the Lime Sulphur and apart from the rank smell the peyote seem to be fine. They haven't imploded or shriveled yet, anyway.. hopefully this is the end of fungus problems.

10. masterwelder

masterwelder Member

good luck.