Growing help

Discussion in 'Cannabis Grow Rooms and Greenhouses' started by shawnvau1781, Apr 22, 2013.

1. shawnvau1781

shawnvau1781 Member

I will be growing 1-2 plants in a spare room. I live in an apartment on the 3rd flor.
    The plants will be in a grow box I made and will have a fan inside it.
    I will also have a fan in the room going all the time with a air purifier right by the grow box.
    Will this keep the smell away? I was also thinking about having incense burning throught the day.
    Need help will be my first grow and don't want it to reak. Don't have lots of money for the carbon filters and everything just doing a small cfl grow for now.
    -Thanks for the help.

2. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

I say make or buy a carbon filter... depends on how the air purfier works, at it simplist there nothing more then an air filter that is screening out particles (as in setting up clean or dust free room) would not of thought they work on smells very well if at tall. now carbon or ozone type would be more like it as they work on a molecular level. incense will only mask/cover up the smell your still get the odd period where you be able to smell cannabis and the smell of strong incense all day aint really normal so is suse in its self.

3. shawnvau1781

shawnvau1781 Member

Thanks for the reply. How do I make one?

4. Rocklobster

tell ya what I've just been looking at cook hood cardon filter spares ;-)

5. shawnvau1781

shawnvau1781 Member

Nice how much?

6. Rocklobster

sorry uk prices around £8 for universal self cut sheet which are around 500mm square. sure there's other sources of carbon that will do the job but the sheeting looks nice an easy to gobble to some kind of fan.

since only a small number of plants and cfl lighting don't think your really get any serious smell issues till your setting off into bloom or maybe a week or two before as healthy vegging plants can also smell quite strong.

good luck with your grow.

nice I spelt carbon correctly lol

7. Dankbudzz

Dankbudzz Guest

Its around 2 months old.
    Watering cycle is correct
    24 hours of light the entire time
    The 2 bottom leaves began yellowing about 2 weeks ago slowly, now their completely dead.
    The sec set from the bottom are now just beginning to show signs of yellowing.
    3 days ago it was nice and strong other then the slowly yellowing.
    Then yesterday I notice the top two sets were beginning to droop a little bit.
    Come out today, there completely drooped, its looking horrible.
    Please some incite?!