Greetings from *ugh* Kansas

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by akbal, Jan 10, 2005.

1. akbal

akbal Member

Hello. I'll make this a quick introduction, as I'm not good at this sort of thing. My name is Angel. I'm 24 years old and residing in Wichita, KS. My current plan is to move to Phoenix, AZ within the next three years, but I haven't narrowed it down yet. After a year of school there I will then make my way to either the Seattle, WA or Portland, OR area.

I have alot of hobbies, most of which I never have time for. I have been practicing Shamanism for about a year now, and have recently incorporated the use of psychedelics into my practice. My drug of choice right now is Dextromethorphan HBr (DXM, dex) as it is legal, relatively inexpensive, and powerful.

I joined these forums because in the past few years or so, I have found my mindset changing rather radically. I have gone from being a loyal and rather violent member of the US Armed Forces, to becoming a anti-war activist. I have gone from being a Bible-thumping extremist (following in my parent's footsteps for a while there) to being an Agnostic, to where I am now. I have gone from Republican to Libertarian to hating the whole bloody system. And most recently, prompting my registration here, I have gone from greedy consumerism to somehow not really caring about the vast majority of the crap I own, and in fact wanting to rid myself of most of it as soon as possible (my current project).

It seemed to me all these factors added up to a developing lifestyle that would have been most consistent with the hippy movement. So I did some research and discovered that the movement was still alive and well, though constantly evolving.

I guess I'll stop here. Peace :)

-Akbal

2. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

Welcome.

3. Amanda's Shadow

Amanda's Shadow Flower Child

Congratulatulations. You have seen thye light!

4. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

good for you, its not always easy to escape your upbringing

5. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

hullo, hope you have fun here, welcome to hip forums...