Green hair!

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by AutumnsMoonChild, Jun 1, 2007.

1. AutumnsMoonChild

AutumnsMoonChild Member

I dyed my hair blue...and it has faded to an awful split pea/grass stain green. I don't want to continue to dye it blue...any ideas on getting the green out?

2. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

either washing it incesidly or cutting it.... Depending on what sort of dye it is, it'll likely just fade with time.

3. AutumnsMoonChild

AutumnsMoonChild Member

It was Manic Panic. Semi-permanent vegetable based dye. Would bleaching work?

4. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

if it's semi permanent, it means that it'll wash out on its own. I wouldn't recommend bleaching hair in any situation.

5. sarahstar

sarahstar Member

that stuff can take a while to come out. i'd recommend going in and having someone bleach it out for you. i'm guessing you don't want to walk around with green hair until it all fades.

or you could try just washing the hell out of it and see how far that gets you. the plain green prell is awesome for that. good luck!

6. AutumnsMoonChild

AutumnsMoonChild Member

I've had the nasty green for two months & have been washing it with an uber cheap clarifying shampoo & it has barely faded at all. I think this is as far as I can get. What kind of bleach should I use? iridescent tone, neutral or cool toned bleach? *confused*

7. lozzyjay

lozzyjay Member

Dye it a different colour on top?

8. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

I dyed my hair blue in high school and it turned green.. it never completely left my hair... until I cut it off... so for about 4 years it was there....

9. Caelynn

Caelynn Yellow Butterfly

from manic panic website

PROFESSIONAL TIPS ON REMOVAL OF COLOR FROM HAIR:
    Hot Oil treatments, hairspray, shampooing and exposure to water will result in gradual fading of your MANIC PANIC Hair Color. A professional hair colorist tells us to remove the last bit of residue or stain on the hair (or to get color out immediately) make up a small batch of bleach mixture (MANIC PANIC FLASHLIGHTNING), and add it to 2 tablespoons or so of shampoo in a cup. Stir it up. Shampoo hair with this mixture, "kneading" the hair ... that means twirling the hair strand by strand in between your fingertips. Start at the root of the hair and work your way down to the end, and then back up. You should see the color disappear right before your eyes!***

you can use any type of bleach though...this has worked for me, hope it works for you :)

10. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Yes, a little bit of bleach will quickly lift up any remaining dye.

11. umm...ya

umm...ya over joyed!

don't bleach your hair. Go the the salon or the place where you got the dye and they can give you stuff to take it out. Because it is not permanent dye you don't need to bleach it.

12. Nevaeh

Nevaeh Member

Manic Panic is VERY harsh for hair, but fun to play with. I had my hair bright fuscia for awhile, bleached it out eventually at a professional hair salon after having washing it until i could get it almost faded out, and there was still a light pink strand at the back that wouldnt go away!!! SO, it is harsh to get out once youre done playing with colour :p:p Im sticking to naturelle now

13. nynysuts

nynysuts No Gods, No Masters

seriously try putting tomato sauce in your hair, it neutralises greeness. basically wet your hair, rub it in, then wash it out and shampoo!