greatest revelation while tripping?

Discussion in 'The Psychedelic Experience' started by mart_182, Jan 24, 2005.

1. tumbledownDNA

tumbledownDNA Member

I think you've done a pretty thoughtfull analysis and its an interesting theory as to why you may act like this. But you seem to be saddened and disgusted by the fact that this behavior keeps recurring and are trying to change it somehow. your trying to get enlightened. Maybe the reason it keeps happening is because ur unwilling to accept how it changes you. My reccomendation is that you let whatever happens happen in the trip. If it is a deeper psychological wound from childhood, maybe your body/mind's way of repairing itself is by reliving and coming to terms with that, and once its finished, you can move on to new things. meditation and soul searching are excellent in preperation for a trip. i just think insisting on progress over bliss is a block to the process because you have to impose your own control and will on something that goes beyond taht. good luck man... and by the way, the way you described acting like a five year old sounded like fun! i wish i could be into it so much without the anxiety, but hey thats something i gotta work on. let me know what you think

2. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

SOOOOOOOo true.

last time i ate a half ounce of mushrooms i fept saying:
    "drugs WILL FIX my life!" hahahaha
    "give me enough crack, so i can hit rock bottom, and then the only way to go is UP!"
    and finally:
    "DMT WILL SEND ME TO COLLEGE"

3. Mollyredmore

Mollyredmore Member

What alot of people dont realize is that alot of the relevations u come across while on psychedelics are very genuine emotions letting loose. See when you are tripping your brain is in one of its most vulnerable states, and sometimes the thoughts that go through your head at these times are the most senseful thoughts ever, and then there are a few to toss. Moral of my story- psychedelics are generally non nuerotoxic so the effect is pretty much what u make it, and if you can concentrate your energy on making the effects good then you know how to use psychedelics.

4. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

True story.... that's why Leary said an experienced psychedelic user will never have a bad trip, regardless of set or setting.

5. Mollyredmore

Mollyredmore Member

very tru but things can be different in the case of an uncommon psychedelic overdose. the only drug i reached this state on was mushrooms. Most experienced psychedelic users can pretty much do it whenever without having a bad time. USE them to learn folks not to get fucked up

6. mart_182

mart_182 Member

hear hear

7. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Senior Member

realized I was a drug addict.

8. TheLizardKingMike

TheLizardKingMike Members

9. Mollyredmore

Mollyredmore Member

yes mushrooms are what i call an evil mindfuck. I have had alot of good times on them, and cannot say that they have not done alot for me as a person. Mushrooms are teachers and I have learned all they have to offer. Now these days the only time I really feel the need to trip is when I need alot of extra time to think. I perfer LSD over most other psychedelics, but am a big fan of some of the new RC's. BeAtur Gov into submission.

10. mati

mati Member

11. Mollyredmore

Mollyredmore Member

yeah thats uh real deep heheh

12. MushieBaby

MushieBaby Member

what are humans really? why do we do what we do, say what we say...what are words really? why do people hate eachother? were just a large mass of molocules that breathe and take up space scurrying around to reach some goal for what reason. what keeps us going. We are like a parasite to this earth and we just breed and multiply and have some shallow level of intelligence. We hate eachother because of some words that come out of our mouths but once again what are words and what justified their meaning and what are their meanings. why cant everybody just stop for a moment and realize that there is no reason to freak out and run in the rat race everyday and manifest some emotions that root from where? Actually as im reading this i still cant get my point across... i guess youd just have to get inside my head

13. mart_182

mart_182 Member

i know exactly what you mean

14. mart_182

mart_182 Member

hahaha i just remembered this one, a conversation me and my buddy monkey had while sharing a doob on mushrooms...

me: if we stop laughing, we die inside...

monkey: ...if we die inside, we cannot laugh...

(pause)

me: so truly, we must never stop laughing...

(we laughed quite a lot after that):p

15. empathy

empathy Member

i broke out of my depression on a trip, pretty amazinng really. i was on shrooms and just started thinking about how stupid it was to let my mind take me over when i was in control of my mind. doesn't really make sense, but oh well. i just realized how everything comes from the mind and i changed a lot after that.

16. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

First few times I did acid I remember asking why why why are we alive, and the only answer was because. ?!

20 years later and I still feel that's the truest answer.

17. JayBird

JayBird Member

I quit smoking once after a trip. I had kind of a sore throat anyway, but while tripping, it was like inhaling fire. And it seemed so ridiculous and unnatural. I didn't smoke for 6 months after that. Another time I tripped out on my cat. I swear I watched him for about 3 hours. He just seemed so graceful and wise. I tried to start a conversation with him, but he just looked at me like I was crazy, which I was.

18. charredacacia

charredacacia Member

I smoked an eigth once. It brought me to the realization that I AM the universe.

19. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

You can't get high from smoking mushrooms, and if you ever had the thought that you are the universe from tripping, then that's a sign you're not letting go of your ego. Maybe you should look into some literature on the topic.

20. cyanogen

cyanogen Member

In my first and only +4 experience, I died. Well, my ego died. But I'm sure that this is what is going to happen when it happens for real. I relived every moment of my life. Time disappeared. I joined back with the "ALL". And I was reborn.

I learned that we are ALL connected. I SAW it. It has become the center of my life.

[​IMG]

Psychedelics are not a toy :)