greasy hair after 2 months

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by young_deadhead, May 30, 2007.

1. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

My hair is still really greasy even after washing my hair with dr. bronners since the begining of april. The roots are the greasist. Ive tried the spraying my hair with lemon juice and salt but that just seemed to damage my hair.

A thought ive had is that maybe it isnt grease but its residue from the shampoo. But i usually spend like 5 minutes rinsing my hair after i shampoo.

any suggestions?

Also i know dreads take patientice but i havent had any knots other than when i did some twisting and rip and most of those fell out. My hair is also just clumping up but thats just from my hair being greasy right not it starting to knot? So do i just need to keep waiting or what?

2. young_deadhead

would posting some pics help out at all?

3. knotdirty

knotdirty Over the Rainbow

no, I know exactly what you're talking about.

Do you dilute? You need to dilute Dr. Bronners...or else it'll gunk up on your scalp and in your hair. Especially if you have shitty water pressure or hard water.

4. young_deadhead

no i havent been doing that, should i just put a couple of drops in a cup or something?

5. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

ok, its definitly cause your using it strait, you really need to dilute it quite alot. i do like 12 parts water to one part bronners.

6. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

i heart the dr for sure@!

7. Slang

Slang Banned

Yeah. I figured that out the hard way too.
    Ya' gotta dilute it a LOT.

It even took a few more washings before all the residue was completely gone. Get in there deep, use your nails on your scalp to get off the residual crap - that helped me a lot.

8. oilymoily

oilymoily Banned

is this with the liquid soap? or are you meant to dilute the bar stuff too? I seem to be having the same problem, using the peppermint bar soap...

9. young_deadhead

ya its with liquid soap

10. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

hmm... how do you use the bar? do you rub it directly on your scalp? i lather my hands up and then rub them in my hair.

11. knotdirty

knotdirty Over the Rainbow

yeah, rubbing anything directly at full strength on your dreads isn't good...

12. young_deadhead

since i diluted it my hair is feeling better, i think im gonna back comb tomorrow or sometime this week. Maybe ill wait till i get all the crap out of my hair.

13. oilymoily

oilymoily Banned

I chopped the bar up into a billion tiny pieces with a swiss army knife... astonishingly, one piece lasts three or four washes... just lather it up in my hands and rub it into the hair. pretty cool :)

14. hamish...

hamish... Member

i dont have dr bonners i just soak my hair is sea salt, lemon stuff, baking soda and cider vinegar. i shud really get tea tree oil and dr bonners i guess aye...?

15. hamish...

hamish... Member

i dont have dr bonners i just soak my hair is sea salt, lemon stuff, baking soda and cider vinegar. i shud really get tea tree oil and dr bonners i guess aye...?

16. hamish...

hamish... Member

17. hamish...

hamish... Member

wow sorry bout that internet fucked up...