Grateful Dead question

Discussion in 'Music' started by Elle, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Elle

Elle Senior Member

The song Dark Star....is that on one of their studio albums as well? I cant find the origion of that song and that's the answcer I'm needing.............help?:)

2. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

*que music and lights* its a plane, its a bird, no , its a fractual!! coming to save the day once more!!! haha anywho...

http://www3.clearlight.com/~acsa/intro.htm just go here and type in dark star into the search thing and towards the bottom it lists every album it was on, im pretty sure there is a studio version but i couldnt find what cd it was on that wasnt live, i know you can download a studio version though that is about 2 minutes long.

3. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

The only studio version is on What A Long Strange Trip It's Been. :)

4. Roses are Phree

Roses are Phree Member

That same studio version is also a bonus track at the end of the remaster of Live/Dead. Or at least it is on my copy, maybe I'm going crazy.

5. yohonis

yohonis Member

darkstar is one of my favorite alltime songs but in the studio its just different. I love darkstar for the relaxedd long jams it tends to have but the studio just gets it done realy quick and fast.

6. Rhythmdevil

Rhythmdevil Member

Ditto.

It's not as good as a studio song. Definitely better live!

7. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

Just like all their stuff. :p