Grass roots

Discussion in 'Protest' started by PAX-MAN, Jan 25, 2010.

1. PAX-MAN

PAX-MAN Just A Old Hippy

I happened to stumble upon this grass roots movement and it works something like this: alot of the banks that cause the economic downturn are making a shitload of money now and are basically saying 'fuck you'. well, fire the bank that you're dealing with if it so happens to be one of those pricks.
    very simple- take your money out of that bank and put it into one of the smaller banks or a credit union. And please- tell them that you are firing them when you take your money out. Maybe if enough of us do this, we'll send a message to them. In case you're interested I did this over ten years ago when we moved into a small little town. And, to steal a quote from smokey the bear, only you can do it!

PAX

2. PAX-MAN

PAX-MAN Just A Old Hippy

*BUMP*:(

pax

3. Therese Aline

Therese Aline Slave to the man

I hear you. Nothing I can do though; I don't put my money in the bank.

4. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

fortunately we have laws against what the banks down there did but if i was an american my dough would already be OUT of those big banks

5. Skizm

Skizm Member

Grass roots is such a misused word phrase today. I mean, the Teabag movement is called "Grass roots" and is bank-rolled by some verrrrrrrrry influential people.

Juts a musing, please move your money.

6. tculi

tculi Senior Member

i love you pax man.
    That's exactly what needs to happen to send those banks a message! assholes.

7. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Meh not really, yea some powerful people support it, but it's organized from the bottom up, there is no real coherent organization or leader.

8. PAX-MAN

PAX-MAN Just A Old Hippy

It looks like this movement is actually taking roots. Last nite, Arianna Huffington was on Bill Maher's tv show and she was promoting the idea and think it's great. :)

PAX :D

9. Acid In The Petri Dish

Acid In The Petri Dish Member

This is another grass roots movement:

http://www.taxfree15th.com/

I would highly suggest that if you think you know how our money barter system works, then you need to watch this movie:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7065205277695921912#

It breaks-down the Federal Reserve Bank and its workings into a language we can all understand. It's still my belief and my mission to continue to try and NOT use money. This is difficult, but I only made $2500.00 last year and I'm still alive, so living a humble existence is possible. I'm living proof. All you have to do is let-go of your creature comforts and be happy with no possessions.