Grass and xanax

Discussion in 'Medicinal Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Soulphil, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Soulphil

Soulphil Member

i recently been having horrible symptoms with anxiety, panic attacks, depression and flashbacks. I had very mild symtoms of anxiety (GAD), low self esteem and depression during my teen years and i believe subconciously, i started to self medicate with pot. It is the only thing that made me feel "normal", confident. Eventually i started experimenting with stronger drugs (ecstasy, coke) and that made my symptoms worse. Even though i was blazin everyday during this experimental period, i feel pot is not the cause of the problems, instead it kept my conditions at bay by slowly balancing me out. Eventually i did break down into a major depressive episode (via personal issues) and had to withdrawl from college. Ive taken zoloft, clonazepam and that helped with the depression. But worsened the anxiety/panic attacks. Im now taking Xanax and i think its helped me so much with the panic attacks as well as the constant thinking/worrying that is generalized anxiety disorder. I have a hunch that tokeing up a little (like 2, 3 puffs), makes me feel the xanax more. I dont wanna sound like a degenrate that wants to get more f*cked up, on the contrary i think that weed is a catalyst in balancing the nerotransmitters and in conjuction with xanax the combination is more effective 4 me. My Dr. prescribed clonazapam and zoloft together, maybe weed and xanax make a good team too. Anyone that has knowledge,insight, comments on poly drug use would be helpful.

2. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Xanax and weed have always helped me tremendously. I have the same problems as you. GAD ain't no joke. All I do all day when I have no weed or xanax is worry about everything and think of all of the things that may go wrong and I get it in my head that it WILL go wrong, but the weed and xanax, either combined or by themselves, always help. That is, unless I take 10mg or more of the xanax; in which case, I turn into a madman. If you take enough xanax to get really fukt up, it has the opposite effects sometimes. As most people on the forums know, I took a bunch of xanax, about 28mg, and purposely broke my hand because I was so angry and I thought, somehow, that breaking my hand would relieve some stress, which it did, temporarily, but it created more stress for the following weeks and also $1500+ in medical bills.

Xanax CAN help, but if you take it too far, it can only add to the problems. I took 6mg of xanax about 30 minutes ago and now I haven't a worry in the world:D

3. Soulphil

Soulphil Member

werd, moderation is key. Appreciate the comment

4. TopNotchStoner

Yeah well, moderation is something I know nothing about, when it comes to xanax. I'll eat as many as I have access to. I'm lucky to be alive after eating 148mg in one day. lol

5. mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07 Banned

You know I always here about people taking Xanax for anxiety, but I guess I don't really know how beneficial it is to the person who is taking it when they really need it. I say if you need it, take it. I know for sure though if I had a precripition it would need filled everyother day lol.

6. TopNotchStoner

hahaha same here man. I really need it sometimes though. I have really bad anxiety.

7. yazzer

yazzer Member

i've always been a bit anxiety-prone but it seems like after smoking a lot of weed, and then doing K, i got anxiety/panic attacks. The K is what did it i'm sure, since i'd been smoking for years and was FINE.
    shit happened, blah blah blah, and then xanax was discovered.
    xanax is great for anxiety, but very addictive and hard to live without once u get used to it....especially if you have bad anxiety.
    mixing anti-depressants, various pills, (esp. X), can fuck you up BAD. messing with brain chemistry can be a recipe for disaster.
    BUT, having said that, I have to say, pot and Xanax together is the SHIT!!!!!
    :D

8. Blazen3

Blazen3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Wow, you all are taking lots of Xanax. I take 1 mg to help me sleep, or I take Klonopin 1mg, for a sleep aid. I did not know you could take as much as you all are, and still breath. WOW. Does anyone have a crazy severe sweating problem when using pot? Or is something else wrong with me. i am dripping sweat, when everone else around me, is just fine with the temperature.

9. TopNotchStoner

Weed speeds up the heart, so that could explain it. I've started sweating really bad before when I got entirely too stoned. It may have something to do with panic or anxiety too. Do you get nervous when you smoke?

10. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

i have horrible anxiety, and my meds worked when i was on them

then when i was off of them and if i smoked weed, my anxiety got so bad. i would get real anxious and think my heart was gonna stop cuz of how it would beat rather quickly

11. Blazen3

Im stopped smoking for a while thinking it might be the weed causing it, and it is even worse now. It might be anxiety, I just don't want to tell my Doctor I am smoking. Thanks for your response.

12. Blazen3

Dude no, I stopped smoking for a week or more and still sweating a lot. I guess it is not the weed, maybge I am just hot. I thought I heard the weed causes excessive sweating, but if no one else has that problem, it can't be true.

13. TopNotchStoner

The doctor doesn't care if you smoke. He can't do anything about it either.

14. kar33m

kar33m Member

I would love to get a xanax or valium prescription, it would greatly help my social anxiety disorder. my parents still want me to try to get out of it without drugs though...

15. Blazen3

Smoke pot, drink beer, and socialize.

16. yazzer

yazzer Member

honey u sound just like me. any chemicals that alter brain function and alter the brains own levels of seratonin, melatonin etc, will have bad effects on people who already suffer from chemical imbalances.
    'it is these imbalances that cause the anxiety. technically, if you want to get really 'cured' so to speak, you have to take the anti depressants as prescribed.
    i really don't know if pot inteferes much with anti depressants and 'benzos', but x n shit def. does.
    i think the less mixing of drugs that goes on the better for the brain, unless it's a combo thought out by a doctor or someone who is actually learned on the subject of chemical reactions/imbalances.
    just be wise.....
    moderation.

17. TopNotchStoner

What's that word mean?:tongue:

18. JahRed24

JahRed24 Member

i cant feel bud that much when im on xanax, i dunno why but its seems like the xanax overpowers or eliminates some of the good effects that i like about weed

19. JibberJabber

JibberJabber Member

I've taken both at the same time, and the biggest effect I noticed was that I got very sleepy.

I've also had xanax administered intravenously in conjunction with demerol prior to a medical procedure (I was "awake", such as it was, throughout). Possibly the most potent high I've ever had. I was very mellow and very pleased to see everyone around me. I think they could have lit the bed I was lying on ablaze and I would have been okay with it.

So, yeah, judging by my own limited experience, I'm not surprised that the combination makes you feel good. Like the other good people round here have already said, just moderate yourself, okay?

20. yazzer

yazzer Member

I forgot to add though, taking any of these highly addictive meds for extended periods of time will DEFINITELY cause addiction, which in the long run will worsen the anxiety. Celexa is probably the best anti anxiety med. It doesn't work right away the way xanax does but normalizes the brain chemistry.
    I have a feeling if I toked less, my anxiety would go away. Not in the short term, but definitely in the long run.
    I didn't start having panic attacks until I tried K and coke.
    I was doing fine, until I rolled....
    Drugs really are bad.