Grant Hart, Drummer And Vocalist In Husker Du, Dies Of Cancer Age 56.

Discussion in 'People' started by Gangster Guru, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Grant Hart dead. Can't believe it. RIP.

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I never knew any of the band member's names but I like their sound, kind of a hidden gem of 80's music.

3. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Well they were very influential on Nirvana and the alternative rock scene that emerged in the early '90s.

4. morrow

morrow Visitor

RIP a great loss

My fave

https://youtu.be/NTH4Zu8gleA

1 person likes this.
  5. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

That's a great Grant song.

6. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Friar Turk likes this.
  7. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I feel Grant could do with a bit more appreciation. So I'm posting a few more videos up here.

8. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Friar Turk likes this.
  9. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I saw Grant Hart's band "Nova Mob" play the Underworld in Camden, London, in the early '90s. I had pinched some weed from the stashbox where the people I babysat for kept it on top of the fridge so little Jake couldn't find. I stood in the centre of the venue, buzzing off the marijuana, leaning against a pillar If I remember rightly, and they played a blinding show. Musicians often mean so much to us when we are young and impressionable. We idolize and mythologize them. Just being in the same room seems special and meaningful. You may wonder why I accord him such a special place. Well, in his lyrics he could be a wonderful storyteller. He was also a visual artist, designing many album covers and specialized in his own unique form of collage. Do you think I'm being indulgent and basking in reflected glory. Well it's got to be better than another thread about shaving your junk.

This is my favourite thing that Grant did, a bit of a lost classic in my opinion.