graduation hat

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by dread_wannabe, May 11, 2004.

1. dread_wannabe

dread_wannabe Member

hey guys i am new here but have been a lurker for a long time. so here is my problem i am graduationing (sp*) this year and want to put something really cool on the top of my hat so everyone in the stadium can see it. i dont want anything cheesey like i love mom or whatever and i want something that stands out. i thought about tie-dying it but wasnt sure if it would stick to the material. any suggestions would help greatly thanks in advance

2. paix

paix Senior Member

you could do spin art on it, and give it a sort of tie-dyed look, it's not that the dye wouldn't stick to it, but how would you tie a graduation cap? It's got cardboard in it, so it won't bend all too easily or niceley. If you really want to tie-dye it, you could tye-dye a t-shirt, and then maybecover the cap with that (and cut a hole for the tassle) it and hot glue it to the cap (along the edges so it dosen't show too much.

you could also make some really cool stuff outta fimo, and then hot glue that to the cap, for a really cool 3-D kinda thing, that would be really fun I bet!

good luck!

3. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

put a mirror on it so that the sky reflects onto your head

4. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

glue small candles on it and light em' :D

5. Enonemouse

Enonemouse Happy Wanderer

Use fabric pens to draw out a cool design or pattern. You won't be washing the hat so it shouldn't be a problem. I have to say things have come a long way since I graduated. had I so much as put a tiny peace symbol on mine or anything I would not have been allowed to take part in it.

Love & Best Wishes
    EnonEmouse

6. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

we were no alowed to decorate our hats.

there are limitess things you can do to your hat.

7. DiffKettleOfFish

DiffKettleOfFish Kickin' it

WE can't decorate ours either. *cries*

8. Velouria

Velouria Member

I'm graduating too but I never heard about the hat thing. Cool idea. Where in TN are you from?

9. dread_wannabe

dread_wannabe Member

middle yourself?

10. serra

serra tentacle girl

that's a good idea. just don't let them see. write something that means something to you.

11. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

At the graduation I went to a lot of people had tape on their hats, the kind you can write on and different people wrote diffent things on it.

Some people had letters with the tape and they spelled something out I couldn't tell what it was.

12. dread_wannabe

dread_wannabe Member

well i am wanting to get mine airbrushed ut i dont know what to have it say.i want something with a meaning but if all else false i was going to put "your gonna pump my gas" i dont know i am cutting it down to the wire so i need all the last minute suggestion i could get thanks guy and gals

13. vintage soul

vintage soul Member

im graduating this year also and i want to tye dye my gown cuz girls have to wear white gowns at my school but if i do tye dye it i know they wouldnt let me participate in it so im not sure what im going to do too.....

14. Melody

Melody Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I don't think they'd allow anything like that in my school, but you could always tie dye some material then sew it so that it could fit like a cap on the hat, you know? so you could just take it off if they asked you to.

15. dread_wannabe

dread_wannabe Member

they told us we could as long as it wasn't offensive.

16. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

now that would be unique ;)