Graduated Cylinder Bong.

Discussion in 'Show Your Piece' started by casey149, Apr 4, 2011.

1. casey149

casey149 Member

I'm a chemistry major in college and I would really love to make a bong out of a good sized graduated cylinder. I have found a few websites with relatively cheap glassware and I was wondering if anyone had any specific tips on how to go about making this. My fear is that I will buy the cylinder and then shatter the would-be bong while making a hole for the bowl.

tldr; any tips for constructing a homemade glass bong?

2. notsurewhoiam

notsurewhoiam Guest

I once attempted to make an Erlenmyer flask hookah but it didn't work out haha. Sorry i cant give you any tips but i hope you succeed! SCIENCE RULES! :peace:

3. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

buy a glass/ceramic drill bit... and take your time.. start with a small bit and work your way up... its tricky.. but can be done.. ive drilled pipes that needed carbs.. never drilled something as big as a slide hole...

4. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

make sure that you keep wetting the bit as you go, i found it really helped.

5. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

This.

Also, you may want to buy a rubber o-ring, which can be found in most headshops.

6. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

We almost made a bong out of some glassware stolen from chemistry, but my one friend cut the whole too big and we never got around to buying silicon gel or anything to fix it.

We used a diamond bit dremel.

7. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i never did the drilling myself, but i know my buddy always used a DREMEL TOOL! we made all kinds of shit out of graduated cylinders and other assorted glassware. good luck. don't use plastic in your home-made pieces kids