gotta love the farm life..

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by hippiehillbilly, Jun 14, 2006.

1. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

i just bashed a crippled peep with a monkey wrench...:eek:

2. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

sounds cathartic. nature is ugly.

3. hippiehillbilly

4. mynameiskc

you know, all these people who consider ugliness, pain and death to be a bad thing only live half a life.

5. hippiehillbilly

all i know is whats got to be done,, has to be done..

love n light

6. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

I couldn't do it.....

7. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I never tried.

8. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i once had like 3 mice running around in this huge aquarium i had... and i sprayed them with hairspray and lit them on fire and watched them run around until they ran no more... does this make me a bad guy? maybe... unless you hate mice

9. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

That's called torture, joker man....something Jeffrey Dahmer started out with before he started raping and killing and eating boys.

HHB...I understand why, of course, but I'm glad I didn't have to do it..;)

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

not ugly, just diverse. diverse enough to encompass uggly/messy.
    didn't grow up on no farm. NORE in no damd city niether!
    grew up in them reall boonies. up in real hills. up arround 6 to 7 thousand foot elevation.
    (which is suppose to someone in nepal, donner pass would still seem like foothills, just as eastern u.s. 'mountains' do to us in the sierras here in northern california)

closest 'civilization' was the railroad tracks and the little general store/post office/gas station at the top of the (snow) sheds (that connected all the houses so you could get arround when there was 20feet of snow covering all the roofs of the railroad company houses. man i wish we'd had the internet in those days.)

going for long walks alone in the woods when there wasn't 20 feet of snow on the ground (or even sometimes on snow shoes when there was) was worth it though. for me anyway. mom like to went stirr crazy though. cabin fever, whatever ya wanna call it.

dad had all these phones and radios and big board that controlled signals and switches like the bridge on the enterprise only funkier, down at the depot/office/"tower" where he worked.

got to take the weather too. always used to say "still and clear" still snowin and clear up to yer ask me no questions i'll tell you no lies.

=^^=
    .../\...

11. mynameiskc

12. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

See, my dream is to have a farm, but that part of it, oh dear, I don't think I could handle that. :(

13. KyndVeggie4Peace

KyndVeggie4Peace -[ in.bloom ]-

Holy hell, I could not deal with that. :eek:

14. hippychickmommy

I was an emotional mess when we found a dying rat outside last summer and my husband put it out of it's misery. It was actually convulsing prior to that. My husband took a shovel, and well, I'm sure you can figure out what happened. He didn't do it in front of the kids or I, he told us to go inside. He knew we'd all be worked up.

My hubby knows how upset I get about things like that, so he dug me a little grave for the rat, in which we put it in my flowerbed and the kids and I put little wildflowers over the site. And I probably sound like a freak.

15. KyndVeggie4Peace

That's awesome ... I'm glad to hear that your husband cared enough to even dig a little grave for the rat. That's really cool. :D

16. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

peeps are nasty anyways.. marshmallows covered in sugar.. gross :p
    you shoulda microwaved it

17. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

aaaaa-ahahahahah!!

18. free2fly

free2fly Members

LOL Boogabah!

Yeah, I know about that part of having animals... Ive had to watch my dad shoot one of our pet cats, because it came home one night and its stomache was torn up and he was suffering...

I've also had to break the neck of a couple little baby guinea chicks I had (years ago) ... because they were rapidly dying of some illness and were spreading it to all the others... I had to end the cycle :(

thats just the way it is with animals... sometimes compassion is an act of takings its life, sad to say...... and the person who does the job, gets to feel its pain.

But yeah I tend to get very emotional about animals... I've picked an injured pheasant off the side of the road and wanted to heal it, and later cried when it died ...

19. hippychickmommy

I was always like that too, even as a little girl, always trying to rescue animals and then I'd end up just devastated when I couldn't help the poor things. :(

20. KyndVeggie4Peace

:( so true.