Got some Acapulco Gold

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by newo, Mar 4, 2020.

1. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Been living here in Oregon where it's been legal for five years. Tried many different strains but there are so many now I've barely scratched the surface. Wanted to get some Acapulco Gold and compare it to the shit that's around today. Did a search on Leafly and the only place I could find it in stock is in Washington, so I drove from Portland to Vancouver Washington, not a long drive, and scored an eighth for $18.

It's on the high end for AG, 24% THC, and is the way I remember it from long ago, very stony and pleasant. Compares very nicely with today's weed, it's obvious why the hippies raved about it so much.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I remember that shyt...

3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Do you like Blue Dream? :)

5. newo

Blue Dream rocks! Also Wedding Cake, Girl Scout Cookies and all the different fruit flavors of Kush! Etc etc.

soulcompromise likes this.
  6. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

Haven't heard of Acapulco Gold in decades! That was the good stuff back in the day. Then the government started spraying Paraquat that made it deadly to smoke.

7. newo

Yes that was about 40 years ago, they stopped using the paraquat after some people smoked the tainted pot and got lung damage. But Acapulco Gold is still around today and the guy at the dispensary told me there's a pretty good demand for it, apparently I'm not the only one who wants to compare it to today's weed. Anyway here it is in all its legalized glory:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  8. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

Glad to see the Gold is still around. It could blow off the top of your head in its day. Paraquat scared a lot of stoners off Mexican weed. We had to settle for locally grown stuff and dream of gold.