Goodbye.

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by WoodstockChild, Jun 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodstockChild

WoodstockChild Intrepid Traveler!

I don't truly want to leave, but I want to find a place more centered on love, understanding, and acceptance. I have found none of that here. Nobody I've talked to has any respect for anyone elses opinions, mine have been disregarded. I thought this kind of place would be a place to heal from my life, but it's become more like High school than a getaway, I'm sick of my opinions being trashed. For those who possess the true hippie spirit, thanks for talking. Rani Lee Taylor, out, unless anyone cares otherwise.

2. stebo32

stebo32 amanita monster

it's sad that you're leaving like this... you have a great mind but ye dont know it yet...
    all i can say is... close those books about hippies, turn off the internet, don't listen to people pretending they're something, and just find out what ye are... your mind is beautiful i know. i know theres some one great deep inside of ye, just learn to laugh at life, laugh at people ridiculizing you. life is absurd... play around

but on that, good luck finding the perfect little heaven... ;)

3. WoodstockChild

I'm used to it. It happens a lot. Especially with internet communities. I might just need a bit of a break, and maybe come back in time.

4. Lady of the Freaks

Lady of the Freaks Senior Member

why don't you create your own forum instead of leaving?

5. Shambhala Peace

Shambhala Peace Senior Member

Open up your mind child! See what we want to offer you. You see people who are against you, yet none of us have been! We have all been trying to help you, guide you. None of us have put you down.

You will never find full acceptance anywhere. That is the way the world is. But good luck on your journey, I wish you didn't have to go. :(

6. WoodstockChild

I've been labeled too much here. People are judging me that don't even know me. I'm a sensitive person, emotionally. I can't handle all of it.

7. Shambhala Peace

Give us a chance to get to know you! You only just arrived. I have been on these forums since August of 2000 (I forgot my s/n and password [​IMG]). It took a long time for me to get used to the dynamics of the forum, but I have. It changes periodically, but you have to go with the flow. We all are here for you, just open up to us and we will open up to you. :)

8. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

Not everyone is the same

9. WoodstockChild

I've been open. I simply stated an opinion that I am against make-up, for a reasonable argument that people were beautiful the way they were born. People spent more time trying to convince me that I was wrong than they spent trying to understand where I was coming from.

If I'm wanted to stay then maybe I will, but it seems like nobody wants me here. If that's not the case, then sorry for the misinterpretations.

10. somedude

somedude Member

This should just be an eye opener for you, is all. The idea of the all loving, all accepting hippy scene is just an idea. In reality it is like all other scenes, some cool people, some assholes-just more patchoulli and tie-dyes.

11. stebo32

stebo32 amanita monster

man but let em judge... It doesn't matter what one reveals or what one keeps to oneself. Everything we do, everything we are, rests on our personal power. If we don't have enough personal power the most magnificent piece of wisdom can be revealed to us and it won't make a damn bit of difference.

12. Brand New Soul

Brand New Soul Senior Member

Im sure there are people on hear that hold others opinions in very low regard. But if you do choose to leave goodbye. Ime sorry I never got the chane to know you. But their are some amazing people on hear who have hepled me. :) Thank you to those. Opinions aren't always respected or aknowleged, unfortanitly. But love and peace don't truely exsist. I mean yes it sort of does but not really. (im sorry if im not making any sense.) What im trying to say is that if your looking for love and peace and respect maybe your looking in the worng places in the forum.
    But sadly the world (most of it) doesn't respect opinion and has little love and peace...Becasue if it did people would not starve, people wouldn't get blown up, die for something they believe in etc.

You can only heal your self...seriously. Looking to others may help you realieze somethings but you, yourself truely heal better than anyone else could. (Or this is what I gather form my experences.)

But if you still are choosing to leave the forum I wish you good luck in life. And if you stay I hope you enjoy it and have fun.

Peace
    Shannon

13. Shambhala Peace

I can't speak for everyone else, but as for myself - it's because of how you wrote the OP. It came across too forceful. It's an opinion, therefore it is not "right". Nor is it wrong. I believe that striped socks worn with plaid shorts and a neon orange shirt is an awesome fashion. Would I be right? No. Would I be wrong? No. Would you agree with me? Not neccesarily (if you did...wow :D). No one said you were wrong in your opinion, I think everyone was bucking against it's delivery. If you had posted: "I am disappointed in seeing such naturally attractive girls wearing make-up. They should be proud of their beauty, not hide it!" You would have gotten a lot of people agreeing. Instead you said: "Make up is not hippie!" That's where the tangle came in.
    I agree with you though! I don't believe in wearing make up. I have gone so long not wearing it, I look garish when I have to. I have always been a huge supporter of natural, curvy beauty. Whether it's not hippie to wear make up? I don't agree with that. Who cares! If a girl who wears tie-dye and teva's wants to wear lipstick and mascara, far be it from me to tell her no. She might look a little foolish, but if she feels beautiful, great!
    I stll hope that you plan to stay, we would miss your youth. Young hippies bring a certain life to the forum that us older ones (at 22, I'm old! Oy Vey!) need. It reminds us of who we are and what we were. It's a good thing! :D

14. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

You've been labled too much on here....but you say you're a hippie. Is that not lableing yourself?
    I hope you find your place where everyone is 100% hippie.

15. WoodstockChild

I guess I'll stay... maybe not let people get to me so much. And for people who want to be mean, let them. As long as I have enough self-confidence what they say won't hurt.

16. rayne_lyric

rayne_lyric Member

Woodstock child, I don't htink anyone on here truly wants you to leave. Everyone intended what they said in constructive criticism. I am sorry you feel the way you do, but I can't say I understand why.

The fact that you think make up is unneccesary is a completely logical and beleivable one, and folowed by many people. However, don't forget, this doesn't make you right. Equally, it doesn't make the people who say it IS okay, right. Everyone here would LOVE to hear your opinions, just be a little more open to constructive criticism and oposing ideas!

As someone else stated, you DO have a great mind! We would love to hear what you have to say, but you also have to hear what we have to say. This place is, more than anything else, a place for the exchanging of ideas. I can identify with your attitude about stuff, because I too had that same way of thought when I was close to your age. However, I am happier and a better person now that I have realised that it is better for everyone, you included, to be more open to other people and other possibilities.

17. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

Basically, stop whining

18. Brand New Soul

Brand New Soul Senior Member

Very True. Who cares what others think of you, aslong as your comfortable with who you are theres nothing to worry about :) Glad your staying

19. prismatism

prismatism loves you

if i personally hurt you, i'm sorry. that's the last thing i ever want to do to anyone. but here's what happened:

you stated your opinion (hippies shouldn't wear makeup, people are beautiful naturally). i've been here a while, and nobody on here will attack you for stating an opinion. i've stated plenty and never got any negative vibes for it. but there are a few things that people here will not tolerate. those are:

elitism - thinking you're better than anyone or everyone, thinking only people like you are right or good.

closed mindedness - being unable to absorb what other people are saying. they're giving you information to help you grow, they're not attacking you to make themselves feel big.

anger - it's at the root of almost all problems. nothing requires anger, it just gets in the way. everything can be sorted out peacefully without personally trying to hurt anyone.

a holier-than-thou attitude - almost the same as elitism, but not quite. someone with this attitude doesn't listen, they laugh because they think they already know the truth.

your posts have conveyed these things to many of us, and we want to help you change. we want people to like you, and people just don't like people who act like that. you're not stupid. you're idealistic and optimistic, which is rare and beautiful. but you need to learn different ways of getting your message across. you want people to understand you, right? nobody is going to listen to someone who is insulting them.

20. stebo32

stebo32 amanita monster

i'm happy you've decided so... it might not show that much yet, but i'm pretty sure this particular event just made you gain more useful wisdom :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.