Good sources for LED's?

Discussion in 'LED Growing' started by FritzDaKatx2, Sep 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Been over a decade since I had a good list of surplus houses where I could buy LED's by the 1,000 as surplus bag lot's for $20, anyone have any leads?

No sense spending $100+ for an 8"x12" panel when I could build 10 on my own with odd's and ends. ;)

2. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

Ebay, chinese sellers will sell you 1000 at a time, just be wary of them claiming they put out 16,000 mcd and other such nonsense.

3. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Cool! I dont know why but I keep forgetting about Ebay (Probably due to no credit card, ut not like I cant grab a pre paid,,,)

Thanks for the reminder! :cheers2:

4. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

I was building some LED fishtank lights so I got some UV's off ebay, I splurged a bit and got some of the 4pin flat square ones, they were called knightbright superflux or something along them lines, they were only speced for about 180mcd but the beam angle was something like 120' and they there out a fuckton of light, 8 of them was like a small blacklight, filing the room with UV. If you don't want to get involved in the chinese "my led are teh brightness" pissing match and are prepaired to spend a bit mroe then I give them a solid thumbs up.

http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz

is my fav led array calculator, you can play around with the forward voltage a bit to find a sweet spot where your resistors are only dissipating a few milliwatts and all is good with the world.

5. ashleywatson

ashleywatson Guest

LED grow lights consume less electricity and best for indoor gardening,they produce less heat.

6. alexis12345

alexis12345 Guest

LED's are the best, but be careful from whom you buy from...you could buy some grow lights and then after 3 days they don't work anymore.

7. cidlyana

cidlyana Guest

why not try to buy from BYSEN led? It is the first company and the top grade supplier who manufacture led grow light and aquarium light in china.It has been in led industries for more than 7 years. Contact me if any one need their contacts.

8. ledgrowshow

ledgrowshow Guest

the best place to buy leds from is digikey if you are looking for a parts supplier...

9. cutnhors

cutnhors Member

I was at Lightfair in Philly and ended up at a product launch for illumitex, they have a new product called Surexi, these are grow light leds tuned to spectra and with built in optics so all you need is a soldering iron and your away, awesome lights, they are supposedly used in the worlds largest indoor grow house
    www.illumitex.com

they have an online distributor www.theledstore.com.au

10. betty3711

betty3711 Guest

Dear, it depends on what kind of led light you want... anyway, the higher the quality is, the higher the price would be...

11. ronny25

ronny25 Member

I think so led grow lights consume less electricity and best for indoor gardening,they produce less heat.you could buy some grow lights and then after 3 days they don't work anymore.

12. cidgrowlight

cidgrowlight Guest

prejudice
    not china hasnt good quality products,the one who can afford good price can get good products,or you only can get cheap products,you pay little but want to get good quality,that is impossible
    for taking others peoples nice ideas,what about Japan,Japan always copy ideas so they can develop speedly,i do not think so other people do not copy chinese good ideas.

13. Kserah

Kserah Guest

Just wondering, why the soldering iron? I am new to growing indoors and want to get something that works well without my electric bill going through the roof. thanks if you can tell me about the iron.
    Kserah

14. jean2

jean2 Banned

Besides any HID set-up if you want to increase plant growth without extra heat and massive energy bills then LED lights are great. They reduce the amount of heat generated and are quiet when running unlike some HID ballast. LED lights can also be hung vertically within the foliage of a dense plant for additional energy. I would like to suggest you to have a look on AdvancedNutrients for the best LED lights

15. Global Stoner

Global Stoner Member

The problem with using cheap generics is that you're not going to get the full spectrum of light that your girls want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.