good psychodelic music

Discussion in 'Music' started by Jetblack, May 28, 2004.

1. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

any of u guys know some good techno, trance, etc to listen to while tripping, my favorite bands are infected mushroom, astral projection, hallucinogen, darude, juno reactor and more, any1 know any good bands like the 1's i just named thx

2. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

Shpongle is pretty trippy stuff.

3. Jezmund

Jezmund Member

My favorite DJ to listen to tripping is Mark Farina. Olivia Tremor Control is a great band to listen to tripping. they really do some crazy shit. The Grateful dead will always be number one in psychedelic music. Jerry's rifs are just out of this world.

If youre gonna trip though dont listen to music. go rent a movie. Pulp Fiction is a great movie to watch. Detroit Rock City is also good. Home Alone is also good believe it or not. you wanna get a movie with alot of twists to keep you amazed. you'll be totally into one scene and then it will morph into something else completely ridiculous. you'll understand.

if youre not interested in that get a concert video. The recently released Grateful Dead at Winterland is great or Phish Live in Las Vegas. Or better yet watch the WOODSTOCK MOVIE! incredible.

have fun. peace

4. Jezmund

Jezmund Member

Check out the movie "Waking Life". great movie to watch tripping. trust me. great movie to watch even if youre not tripping

5. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

Get some good electronica:
    Scratch Pet land
    Boards of Canada
    I am robot and proud
    Squarepusher
    Aphex Twin
    Venetian Snares<---Great for DXM
    Wagon Christ
    Amon Tobin
    Cujo(same as above, different name, diff. songs)
    Fan Club Orchestra
    Abelcain
    Autechre
    kid606
    Mouse on Mars

6. Unkle_John

Unkle_John Member

I prefer Texas psych and my band, Outhouse Moan.

13th floor elevators
    bubble puppy
    the Golden dawn
    red krayola
    moving sidewalks
    shiva's headband
    yellow payges

7. WaitingForTheSun

WaitingForTheSun Member

I can't ever imagine wanting to watch a movie while tripping. I'd much rather be outdoors in nature, you know? It's like your closer to the earth that way. Watching movies tripping just makes me feel so attached to society.

8. Jezmund

Jezmund Member

the thing about tripping is that I cant go out in public. if you go out in nature like a state park or something youre bound to see some faces and you also have to drive there which is not a good idea. just looking at different people freaks me out if I'm tripping. I feel like everyone is conspiring against me. Its good to have sanctuary. Be somewhere no one is going to bother you for atleast five hours

9. hiddendoor

hiddendoor Member

Yeah I really dig Juno Reactor too, also Future Sound of London. Also check out the Acid Indigestion EP by Ege Bam Yasi for some quality old school acid trance.

Plastik Man is also worth checking out if you like minimal but trippy acid techno sounds.

10. Skelter

Skelter Helter

techno, trance? listen to some real psychedelic from the sixties, or the electronica artists backtothelab mentioned.

11. NightOwl1331

NightOwl1331 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Dj Cheb I Sabbah!

oh yeah...:cool: