Good books on Ecstasy/MDMA and Ketamine

Discussion in 'Drug Books' started by Bassline514, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Bassline514

Bassline514 Member

Hello guys!

For a paper I'm writing and also for my personal knowledge, I need to do a search about MDMA and ketamine. I wonder if you have any books you'd recommend about those 2 drugs, which would include medical facts (research type of books, kind of like DMT: The Spirit Molecule, would be perfect), but also accounts of recreational use, drug culture and whatnot. I don't have a lot of money to put on books, that's why I ask for your advice. Please and thanks! :D

Bass

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

It's primarily about rave culture and non clinical use of MDMA but Generation Ecstasy by Simon Reynolds is a great book. For medical information on MDMA you'd most likely have better luck looking into abstracts in medical journals rather than a book.

I haven't read much of it but I hear Ketamine: Dreams and Realities is a good book for K.

3. Bassline514

Bassline514 Member

Cool, thanks! :D I'm gonna look forward to those books and some medical journals. Wish me good luck!

Also if other people have suggestions, bring them on! The more data I have, the better.

4. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Don't know of any good books about ketamine, but this is probably worth checking out

http://www.mindspring.com/~scottr/nde/jansen1.html

Karl Jansen is a psychiatrist who has done research into links between near death experiences and the ketamine state.

5. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

for ket: John C. Lilly is worth mentioning. Just look him up on wiki.

6. chadcr01

chadcr01 Senior Member

^ I think Lily lost his marbles, and had a long history of exaggerating the positive effects of ketamine and denying the negative...

Lily himself was a total wreck toward the end of his life due to constant ketamine abuse.

Not hating on Ketamine, I'm just saying I would take Lily with a grain of salt.