Gonna go to the hospital!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by hiro, Jan 26, 2009.

1. hiro

hiro pursue it

When John gets home we are headed to the hospital... I've been having contractions that are really intense for about two hours and I did all that was instructed to me by the midwife!

I bet it is just a false alarm but who knows!

2. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

Good luck

3. Hilder

Hilder The Ganja Queen

wow. Yay!!! New babies..

4. hiro

hiro pursue it

3cm dilated and 50% effaced!

My midwife told me to rest more and continue drinking loads of water...

5. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Senior Member

YES water is great right now, because it flushes all the dirty water AWAY from the placenta, and gives your baby all clean water, from what i understand it's also somewhat of a lubricant/laxative. it's no castor oil but it does have somewhat of the same effect.

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

wait, does this mean that your vagina is 3 cm across right now? and you're posting on hipforums?

7. marysoul

marysoul Member

:):):)Yay!!!

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it's a pleasant change of pace when this is an appropriate response to "i'm going to the hospital."

9. marysoul

marysoul Member

Still......hooray for new babies.Boo to pain.

10. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Senior Member

i don't know man pain can be good it means her little one is gonna be here soon and she'll be able to fucking breath again...

do u have kids?

11. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Oooh!!! Such exciting news mama! I can't wait to hear an update!

Much love and hugs...

12. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

:cheers2: I hope it all goes well, hiro...
    No, her cervix is....

And don't worry, they don't actually fall out, no matter what Monty Python says....
    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=r-L3JMk7C1A

13. hiro

hiro pursue it

Well, I guess a lot of first time mommy's dilate earlier and it can still be weeks before you deliver. I am excited but have a feeling it is gonna be another week or so. They really just want me to be able to wait until 37 weeks.

I am at the earliest stage of labor... so I can still comfortably do things.

14. hippychickmommy

When I was pregnant with my oldest, I was 2 cm dilated a week and a half before I had him. So yeah, and won't be long now!

I ended up having my oldest at 39 weeks. I was so glad I didn't go over that too! I was so ready to get the show on the road!

15. hiro

hiro pursue it

Yeah, I am ready. So ready. I think the false alarm helped to make John more ready... he was all nervous and it was making me nervous! Once we got to the hospital he was better....

I am hoping its soon. A woman from my birthing class was 3cm dilated and had her baby a week later. I am going to vacuum and be as active as I can today and help the process along....

AND remember what Dragonfly said about drinking loads of water. I want her to have a clean entry into the world!

16. hippychickmommy

Yeah, if it's true labor, activity will bring it on.

When I went in to have my oldest, I had been having contractions for quite some time. Could time them and everything. Got in to the hospital and they completely stopped! I was like, what the heck? So they actually made my husband and I walk around the hospital for an hour...when we came back, I still wasn't showing any progress, but they decided before letting me go home to try one more time of walking. So we did. When I came back I was 4 cm dilated and my contractions had started up again. I ended up having him later that evening!

17. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

we had a few false alarms with joey. the last one my doctor said (since i couldn't have a vbac) to come in and schedule the c-section. the second c-section hurt way worse than the first. probably because i wasn't in agony and completely exhausted from several days of trying to deliver.

18. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

So exciting!

Hiro, Im assuming you're having a natural birth, since you mentioned a midwife. Everyone I mention I want to have a natural birht just gives me a weird look like Im crazy.

Are you giving birth in a hospital or a birthing center?

19. hiro

hiro pursue it

OOOOO, I hope thats what is gonna happen with me. Unfortunately we are in a snow storm.... but John is only working a half a day so if need be maybe we can go back!

I thought of you this weekend, when we were driving to Hudson. Every town I saw I thought.... I wonder if hippychickmommy lives here! I would see houses and pictured you and your three kids outside in all the snow! Cheesy but true.

KC, the funny thing is that my nurse last night said she had four false alarms with her first! I can't imagine.

Aura, yeah I am going all natural. I am delivering at a birthing center... located in the hospital. My midwife meets me there or is already there. Yeah, I got a lot of weird looks form my birthing class. I am the only woman out of 12 that is delivering naturally. With that said, I am doing an IV drug that lasts a couple of hours and you can only get it once.

20. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

That's cool. I plan to take a birthing class in the hospital too. Im sure Ill be the only one too.

What IV drug?