Gold Coast wannabe

Discussion in 'Australia' started by ImaPeach, Jan 12, 2005.

1. ImaPeach

ImaPeach Member

I'm going to be visiting the Gold Coast this february for the first time and I'm sooooo excited! But I was wondering if anybody can recommend some interesting places to go while I'm there. Y'know, markets, festivals, vegetarian cafe's, good pubs etc?? I want to steer away from the typical touristy things - I can't afford it and I'm just not really interested in it all basically. So if anyone from the area can give me the lowdown, I'd really appreciate it!

Cheers!

P.S. Has anybody flown with Jetstar yet? What's it like? I wonder if it's any worse than Virgin :p

2. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Try Nerang it is a town on the Gold Coast hinterland.One of the National parks nearby is quite scenic.

3. august_moon

august_moon Member

There is a vegan restuarant in Labrador. The Surfers beer garden is cool, and paddy's bar, as its right on the beach. The hinterland is beautiful. Tamborine Mountain will have markets on and maybe a festival if yr lucky.

4. ImaPeach

ImaPeach Member

thanks guys :) I'm definitely gonna go hiking in the hinterland!

august do you know the name of that vegan restaurant? I think i'll be staying at or near labrador. Also, does anyone know if they still have the friday night markets at the beach? I think at surfers?

cheers again!

5. august_moon

august_moon Member

I think it is called "little budda"? I used to live on the gold coast, but it was a few years ago now so I can't quite remember! Have a great time! I love the gold coast too!

love&peace
    august_moon