Going Vetetarian!! And calling on hippies to keep me in shape ;)

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by LauraMay, Mar 14, 2009.

1. LauraMay

LauraMay Rainbow Humper

I'm so sorry for posting another 'going vetetarian' forum(I'm sure that there are sooo many on here from other people!), but I feel like I need to do this to keep focused.

A year ago I went vetetarian for two months. It was a trial. I told my mum that this site (this site!) was having a 'no-meat-pledge' or something, for 30 days.. Which turned into 60.

To be honest, I loved it. I felt so healthy. I found myself making better decisions about every kind of food I was putting in my mouth. I was eating so much more fruit and veg and nuts.. You get the point :)

The fact is, food was much more enjoyable during those short sixty days. I learnt how to cook a bit, I can make tofu burgers and stir-fry and everything now :D Just through experimenting.

But then my mum got annoyed about me making a different meal to the rest of the fam, and ended up pressuring me into eating meat. Then I got into a meat rut :(

But I'm over it. I'm old enough and ugly enough to make my own choice about what goes into my body (turning 18 in april).

I want to be a vegetarian, so a vegetarian I shall be.
    Please show some support! It's not that I don't have the willpower, it's that I may lose focus and fall into the trap again!

I saw some inspiration:

"I got no bodies inside me
    All of me is me
    I will not eat no body else
    So I am what you see

I do not plan to eat dead sheep
    I will not eat a hen
    I'm so proud of what I am
    So I will say again

I got no bodies inside me
    All of me is me
    I will not eat no body else
    So I am what you see"

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3685470030543646399

This teenage-filmed 'doco' is soo interesting and inspiring ^ Check it out :)

Thanks guys!

I'll post my progress.

Last ate meat: 10:30pm Saturday.
    Time of this post: 3:30am Sunday morning.

Tomorrow it begins . . .

2. LauraMay

LauraMay Rainbow Humper

Second day meat free.

3. Tisha Mc

Tisha Mc Banned

Congrats!
    I just started Vegan on Wednesday.
    Go us!

4. LauraMay

LauraMay Rainbow Humper

Vegan!! Wow. Eventually I'd like to do a 'trial run' of a vegan diet. It seems really interesting. I'm really proud of anyone who can become a vegan.

At 12:43AM I am officially into my third day as a vegetarian.

Yay Tisha Mc! Go us!!

Let me know how you're doing! :)

5. LauraMay

LauraMay Rainbow Humper

12:06AM :D
    And into my fourth.

I'll do this for a week or two, then I'll be fine :)

Hope ya'll don't mind!

Love x x

6. JerryWobbles

JerryWobbles Member

keep it up!!!!!!!!!! you got this lauramay!!!! no bodies inside you!!!!! only wholesome goodyness from the earth!!!!!

7. moondaddy

moondaddy Member

Awesome! Yes! Do it!

8. LauraMay

LauraMay Rainbow Humper

Thank you JerryWobbles and moondaddy :D
    Much appreciated :)

Day Five. Feeling gooood!!

9. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You can do it. I haven't eaten red meat in 33 years. Never regretted my decision. I think it's why I'm so healthy.

10. Anistaulia

Anistaulia Member

Congrats, I've started my transition into vegan from vegetarianism and I have to admit, I lived on grilled cheese sandwiches and bagels so this is hard. The more power to you my friend! Your body will love you for it.

11. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

I went gluten-free and I have NEVER felt this great. I mostly eat raw foods. I physically look younger. I have lots of energy. Plus, I have a very stressful job, so this diet helps me tremendously. I truly believe that it is responsible for me keeping my sanity. We are what we eat, right?

Good luck!

12. LauraMay

LauraMay Rainbow Humper

Day Six.

Unbelievable. Six days already!

Vegetarian hot dogs, sausages, patties, soy milk, soy yoghurt... What do you guys think? Too much preservatives/additives/attificial crap in them?

Anistaulia - that's so great man :D I'm sooo proud. Definately want to do that some day.

Sunfighter - thanks man, good inspiration :D This isn't as young as I wanted to be, becoming a vegetarian. But one day I want to be able to say "I've been a vegetarian since I was seventeen."

And thanks glutenfree! I can't see you're username because you're on page two :p But thats also inspiring. You are definately what you eat. What else could ya be right? ;)

Thanks guys :D

P.S Limit of five emoticons?!

13. Tisha Mc

Tisha Mc Banned

Congrats!
    You are doing great. For me I've just felt so much better, even after the first meal. How have you been feeling?
    How's your family with everything?

14. JerryWobbles

JerryWobbles Member

watch yer soy intake and gluten/additives products you put in your body!......
    keep it up!!!!! you got this!......when i 1st when veg...my bro bet me i couldnt last a month.....so....i'm betting YOU CAN last a month!

15. Joey Cid

Joey Cid Member

hey i was a vegitatian for 4 years, but then my dad got a new girl friend who could cook really good and it was thanks giving and the rest is history. but hey do it its not that hard just the first like month is temping but after that its easy.

ooh i eat people now :)

16. moondaddy

moondaddy Member

Watch out for MSG. It's hidden in a lot of those processed foods and meat substitutes and goes by different names. It is addictive and will make you overeat plus it will do all kinds of evil s**t to your mind and bod.

17. LauraMay

LauraMay Rainbow Humper

Day One

I had a bite of someone's chicken burger. Wasn't nice at all and made me feel embarrassed and weak. But then I thought about it a bit more, and it's all about learning and shit :p
    One bite of a burger seems a bit better than a piece of steak, some fish, few chicken wings and a hot dog, which I could've eaten in seven days.
    Please don't knock me ;)

So yeah.. Starting again.

I've been feeling more energetic and.. like I have less fluid retention or something (? hahah).

18. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

That chicken had a hard life before it came in contact with your opinion of how tempting it was.

See? http://www.vegetarismus.ch/bilder/ehuhn.htm

Don't put dead things in your mouth.

Don't cheat either. Make the commitment. You must EARN the title of vegetarian.

x

19. LauraMay

LauraMay Rainbow Humper

Day Two

Xexon, I am aware of what people do to keep the meat industry alive.

I'm not proud of eating that bite, but I'm extremely proud of the decision I'm making.

I've seen videos, pictures, I've talked to people, got family who own (multiple) dairy farms in New Zealand, and I've even been in a chicken shed.

I don't consider it cheating. It would be cheating if I didn't say anything, and pretended I was now onto day eight.

20. Tisha Mc

Tisha Mc Banned

Try carrying some of your favourite snack food with you. Stuff that can be kept in your purse and won't go bad. That way when your friends are eating somthing that will tempt you, you can pull it out and ejoy guilt free.