Going to the dr

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by SpENS93, Jan 24, 2009.

1. SpENS93

SpENS93 Illuminati

my mom referred me to a psychologist and wants me on meds for depression and anxiety... any speculation as to what ill get?

hoping for a benzo =]

2. BillyX

BillyX Member

Id imagine your doctor will give you a SSRI as they can help with both depression and anxiety a benzo seems less likely as they are only ment to be used short term, are horribly addictive and carry a high potential for abuse.

3. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

Yeah, if you have both depression and anxiety, and SSRI, or SNRI is what you will get most likely.

If you are lucky, you might get .25mg Alprazolam, the weakest dose they come in. Most likely not, though.

Although you are 19...maybe if you explain that the depression is CAUSED by the anxiety (that is how mine is, I have social anxiety, so I am deathly afraid of people, and of going out in public, so it causes me to be depressed) then you might be able to ask him to give you something for the anxiety only first, to see if that helps with the depression.

4. SpENS93

SpENS93 Illuminati

the thing is its like a big cycle of anxiety which turns to depression which turns to anger..

my life has sucked the past couple of months and i still cant get over being carjacked

5. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

Hm, I'm only 16, counsler refered me to a doctor for extreme anxiety and depression, I think I'm going to use the "Depression roots from the anxiety" idea although it is so true. I have a social disorder as well, the only way I care to go in public is when I'm on drugs, so sad. Going to tell him I have ADD to, well I'll let him be the judge for that but I know what he'll say. What I need is some damn addys or something! haha.

6. SpENS93

SpENS93 Illuminati

my appointments this thursday im goin to play it with the anxiety causing everything else, and it kind of is im always real nervous about everything which triggers other things

but any info on how i should word it

7. Some call me Jim

Some call me Jim Member

man, PROZAC to the max!!; fluoxetine is what you'd get in scotland.
    too many benzos are abused by the general public these days hahaha

8. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

"Yeah, well sir/ma'am, I've been having a lot of problems with stress and trying to focus on things. It's very easy for something to stress me out and it tears me apart, all this constant stress leads to some depression because I feel so different considering I can't act right in public because something is bound to set me off." Something along those lines, stress=anxiety xD don't say anxiety or he'll be like well they did their homework or you could say you went online to figure out what might be causing this and you came to a conclusion that you may be suffering from a anxiety disorder, is there anything I can do to help this problem? I've tried meditation, punching things (which sometimes isn't healthy!), stress relief balls etc etc possibly yoga and NOTHING WORKS!

9. pbjube3

pbjube3 Cock Blaster

prozac doesnt do any thing good for me

10. SpENS93

SpENS93 Illuminati

um i got some shit called zyprexa wtf?

11. BillyX

BillyX Member

they gave you an antipsychotic? Altho according to wiki it has been known to help with anxiety. I'd read the wiki page about it if you are going to take it, there is quite a bit of interesting information there.

12. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

if that is an antiphsycotic, then it has no abuse potential. Lammeee.

13. BillyX

BillyX Member

yeh unless you enjoy seizures...