Going to Perth for Holiday in August!

Discussion in 'Australia' started by lunatic, Jun 3, 2012.

1. lunatic

lunatic Member

Hey guys.. i'm from singapore and need advices, thank you in advance.:sunny:

would do self drive with spouse and a 2 year old.

Is there anything to see along the route from perth to margaret river? or should i extend to albany? I am planning for a 7 to 8 days trip.

Could anyone give suggestion on clean accommodation around perth area, as well as farm stay along the route. Thank you!

2. YELDARB1

YELDARB1 Guest

Lunatic if you have driven in peak hour singa's you'll be fine here, but people are a little short tempered on the roads here, its pretty easy to get around and there is plenty of places en route to Margaret river, wouldnt bother with Albany as the extra kms dont justify, although 8 days probly be to long in margs, head in land through pemberton/manjimup Karri Forrest and then down to Albany. Plenty of good hotels in perth cbd bit noisy saturday night round east perth, STAY AWAY from NORTHBRIDGE you have been warned!!! saying that its not that bad,, as for farm stays there are plenty. Google?

3. jacinthemilton

jacinthemilton Member

I guess you should start reading some good reviews and travel advice on Lonely Planet.

4. daren22

daren22 Members

Perth is one of the best place in the world and [SIZE=110%]great beaches and you got the sunny weather all year round and every tourist wish to visit the [/SIZE]Perth[SIZE=110%] in vacation..[/SIZE]

5. fitzgarabaldi

fitzgarabaldi jolly swagman

HI new member from the kimberley WA this is an awesome big site_ how do you navigate it well?

6. brack1936

brack1936 Member Lifetime Supporter

7. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

With car rentals you always get a better deal in the big city rather than the country areas.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Good way to travel though. I've done my last 2 big vacations in car rentals and it's just so much better. Just get the ones from the airport vendors. You're right there at the airport may as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get your car there. IMO.