Going to class in pajamas and bare feet

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by barefootconservative, Nov 26, 2017.

1. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Seems kind of excessive, as others have pointed out, it takes very little time to change into pants. When you get home from work, pick out a pair of pants and put them next to your bed. That way, in the morning, you can change your pants while still in bed, if that makes it easier.

I think people would notice the PJ's and some folks would likely judge you for wearing them to class. I think it comes across as sloppy and careless, whether or not that is true. You seem to be looking at it from a practical, time-saving perspective, but other people won't know that by looking at you.

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

when i was in college, people would show up to class in pajamas all the time. i remember people saying that you could always tell who was a freshman because they actually dressed nice to go to class. although i think actual pajamas was more of a girl thing; guys just wore crappy comfortable clothes. i actually didn't think guys actually slept in pajamas.

i agree with the people saying that this is not a practical time saver. it takes literally one minute to change clothes.

six hours is not nearly enough for me. i had about 5 1/2 friday night, and i was completely useless all day yesterday, actually felt sick all afternoon, and ended up falling asleep on the couch when i sat down for a few minutes.

i need a minimum of 8 1/2 or so to feel pretty good, 9 1/2 to actually feel fully rested.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

6 hours is the minimum here. 7 or 8 hours of sleep is ideal for me generally. If I have to work after 6 hours of sleep I'm generally knackered when i'm done too.

4. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

I of course have to take some time after work to wind down before I go to bed, and then because I dress up usually, that can take about ten minutes, then trying to get out the door can take sometimes another ten, then the twenty minute commute, and five minute walk from the parking lot to my first class while still being at least five minutes early. All that put together can easily come out to about 50 minutes, plus wind down time can easily reach an hour and a half, maybe two hours. Then there's the time it takes me to actually fall asleep, which varies by night. All this could easily drop it down to four or five hours of sleep, which is never enough for me.

5. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

6. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

Is this really a thing? Bare feet are one thing, but pajamas? Those would draw stares even where I'm from.

7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

It's real, a sign of the degeneration of society.
    When I taught high school kids would show up in pajamas and slippers sucking on pacifiers.

upload_2017-11-29_9-0-39.jpeg

8. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

you know something barefootconservative, you are young ONCE, I'll be 61 in two months. if you feel like going to class in pj's then by all means do so, you are the one who has to like the reflection in the mirror and if you are comfortable in your skin then by all means do what makes you happy. enjoy it life is too short to worry about what others think.

peace be with you.

goodearth likes this.
  9. charlie35

charlie35 Member

^ Wise words from Mr txb. I too am past the first flush of youth and now regret all the lost opportunities to be myself/be more comfortable/make a statement/push the envelope because I was too worried about what others might think. All of those "others" whose opinions I evidently valued more highly than my own are now completely forgotten. So all I achieved was not being true to myself. The thing is, if you want to do/wear/behave in a way that you fear opposition or ridicule to, you just have to do it until it becomes the norm for you and people just accept it without ever questioning it because that's "the way you are".

txbarefooter likes this.
  10. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

All very good to know, but instead, i pulled an all nighter, and got dressed at about 6:00 in the morning.

Tags: