Going to Amsterdam - Need tips

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by portishead, Jun 6, 2006.

1. portishead

portishead Member

I am planning a trip to Amsterdam.

I am planning to discover the city and all that, but I guess you all know my main reason for going there. [​IMG]

I would like to ask:

What do I need for going to a coffeeshop and smoke? Money, ID, being over 18 years old? Is that it? I am 18 years old. That is the age limit, right?

I have heard you sometimes need passport if you are a foreigner to show your ID. Is this true? What will they do with the passport? I hope they don't register or anything like that with the passport?

What coffeeshops would you recommend?

What kind of drugs are sold in Amsterdam? Hashish, Marijuana? What about mushrooms?

2. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

Portishead
    are you from there or into their music.?

3. JO420

JO420 Member

Thats pretty much it ID and money, people get pissy sometimes when carded but one slip and thats one coffeeshop closed forever.

Legally weed,hash and shrooms

coffeeshop recommendations : Tweede Kamer, Grey Area, Barneys, De Dampkring

4. portishead

portishead Member

Thanks. Also, how is shrooms like? Would you ever recommmend it?

Is there a place called Portishead?

I just like their music [​IMG]

How about you... Ever listen to Portishead?

5. gaz or jazz

gaz or jazz Member

thats 18 and over buddy youre ok so go smoke yourself silly an enjoy
    good idea to carry id tho if youre young looking.

6. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

Yeh, Portishead are named because of where they are from.
    It's a town not too far away from me, it's near a big city
    called Bristol in the UK. I know of a few tracks they have
    done, saw them not long ago on TV doing a gig, good stuff.

7. jackherer

jackherer Member

cool with age, id advisable ,as allready said 1 person underage and shop visited by regulators it would be closed or given a warning leading to being closed
    forget about what blo is sold its all good(WELL I THINK SO AFTER STARTING WITH A 50EURO BAG O GREENHOUSE SPECIAL)
    recommend BLUEBIRD,GREENHOUSE,ROKERY,ABRAXAS,BARNEYS,THE LISTS ARE ENDLESS,......enjoy BUT BE CAREFUL WITH THE STREET DEALERS SHOW THEM ANY INTEREST AND THEY JUST KEEP HASSLING YOU,SO WHEN APPROACHED(& you will be..)A POLITE BUT FIRM NO AND KEEP WALKING THEY WILL NOT BOTHER YOU UNTIL THE NEXT LOAD YOU PASS,DONT WORRY ITS PART O BEING IN THE DAM.
    HAVE FUN YOUR GOIN TO LOVE IT...............

8. gaz or jazz

gaz or jazz Member

so do you live in brisel then nemisis?

9. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

No I don't live in Bristol but know it fairly well, Bristol is about 60 miles North of me, it's an OK city I guess, a bit rough in places but the area around the Old Vic is alright. Bournemouth or Exeter is where I would go mainly for big cities from where I live.

10. gaz or jazz

gaz or jazz Member

blimey quite remote then dorset devon border.
    what airport do you use if any to fly to adam?

11. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

I mainly use Bristol, it's cheap with good old ''Easy Jet'' or though I have used KLM from there, better looking ''trolley dollies'' with KLM. But it's always a laugh to go from Heathrow at times, just for the experience of Heathrow and how stupidly huge and busy it is. I guess you go from Bristol too.

Now I'm off out to party, BBQ's, weed, beer and pubs, in this fantastic heat wave the UK is currently having.

12. gaz or jazz

gaz or jazz Member

nah man usuallt bham , nice train ride up and fantastic bmi baby the only way to fly adam return £40 last year.
    but now the bus service has improved in m wales i will now be going from cardifff still with bmibaby and only a couple of quid more if booked early enough!