Going retro is the only way outta babylon....

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by David0301, Feb 13, 2018.

1. David0301

David0301 Members

yep , because i have 2 numbers, 2 simphones, the other phones are for emergency/reserve because motherf**** babylon smartphone manufacturers build phones to not last and im not kidding. i just bought the latest ZTE smartphone in september and guess what? it stopped working 2 months ago, the screen is split in half , and i dont mean it is broken, it just displays the half of the screen. and i kid you not. so actually now i got 2 smartphones left beacuse the black huawei which i just bought 1 year ago its battery gave up his ghost as i reported earlier.

actually i got a bag stuffed with smartphones that stopped working but arent older than 3 years. I can take a picture and send you if you dont believe me

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  2. David0301

David0301 Members

[​IMG]

this ? it doesnt look durable either...

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Thats why you invest the $5 extra to buy a case for it. That goes for any smart phone

4. David0301

David0301 Members

hey yo, there is something i need to empty off my head ever since i have read this very comment, now is the time , check this:

you said
    "If you work in the industry you should know what the term planned obsolescence means"

"planned obsolescence" ( i had to look up in the dictionary) is one thing. But porpusefuly manufacturing electronic consumer goods to not last, materials that break as f***, aluminium, plastic instead of high quality materials is another thing. Boom!! what you gonna say now hairy ? i bet ya wont come back hehehhehe, hidden deep in the jungle

5. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

we have Bell Canada here and they have their own shops where you can buy them..also bell.ca...it is the first phonei have had where the speakerphone function is loud enough.....apple thiefs want 200 dollars to replace glass with the same shitty glass.....off market place wants 100 for the even shitier glass and as soon as they open it the warranty is void.....apple and i are not on speaking terms...i cannot tell you how many times i called sire a **** :)...at least thousands....you have siri david?...ask siri ''what does the fox say''

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

That's why you inform yourself before you buy. You bought 2 of the worst choices, probably because they were tempting in price.

It is becoming apparent in several threads that David0301 is in love with the idea of being an idealist.
    Unfortunately preaching is not what's gonna make one. Especially not if you don't know what you preach, and blatantly share uncertain convictions as facts (and get evasive and childish when you refuse to accept real ones when confronted with in a convo). That's making you something real different.

People who act as an idealist, but excuse themselves from responsible consumership because some day they're 'gonna leave babylon' all together are no better than the average consumer.
    In fact, the average consumer who is upfront about their ways might be more respectable, as they're at least not hypocritical.

7. David0301

David0301 Members

yep , im glad you also see it that way,
    i was also looking for a mobile phone with proper loud speakers, its damn hard to find, thats another thing they porpuselfuly do: building the speakers for ants to hear, its tinny tinny small, ridicolous, so i wound up with ZTE if you know it ? they are known to have (one of ) the loudest speakers in the game, but as i reported, that ZTE phone lasted only 5 months, the display now only shows the half, amazing... we are being fooled by these producer monkeys

and what is "siri" ? i dont know this word :relaxed:

8. Asmodean

Here are a few options I found in not more then 10 minutes:

- in reviews the Nokia 6 seems at first the best durable choice for a top notch smartphone
    - there is a growing number of shops that caters to the people who care about both budget and durability by selling second hand smartphones of all kinds. They are individually checked and cleaned, and even come with a guarantee! Not even new phones get this individual attention :) Interesting huh?
    - Fairphone - de duurzame telefoon | EcoGoodies
    An initiative from my country, called the 'fairphone'. I didn't saw it explained in english, but if you really give a shit you can throw it through Google translator or something. Maybe there's even a similar thing in your country.

There's absolutely a range in fair prices, even for durable and moral choices for smartphones. Please don't stuck your head in your ass just because you think you gonna leave babylon someday. The planet thanks you in advance

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  9. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

Siri.........when you ask an apple iPhone a question the voice you hear back is known as siri in north America

so you ask an apple iPhone ''what does the fox say'' and siri will reply in a comical way

David0301 likes this.
  10. David0301

David0301 Members

im on that Website rigjt now.
    There is only one brand.
    currently out of stock.
    529 euros.
    i understand dutch. it is very similar to german. im surprised you dont know that

11. David0301

David0301 Members

i have never had an iPhone and never will,
    actually im done with Smartphones , i have had enough, Samsung, Sony, Huawei, HTC, Alcatel , all garbage, im leaving Babylon bro....

12. Asmodean

Not so similar for most germans and dutch folks to read all the info just like that. Of course you're the exception... lol

I'm suprised you never looked at such options yourself.

:rolleyes:

Do you even believe yourself?

13. David0301

David0301 Members

why you always take my quotes that werent directed at you and quote them back at my face? you must be either working for HF or.... a mole? :rage:

14. David0301

David0301 Members

thanks man I was just reviewing nokia6 , it looks stronger and more durable, but still.... Babylon is Babylon , I dont trust this folks anymore , they all share the same bed, im done with smartphones...

speaking of Babylon : I was going through some of your old posts years way back, you were talking a lot about reggae and Babylon :smiley: I wonder why you never talk with me about it? you just silently stand by and watch me :mask::confused2:

good night holland I need sleep...:sleeping:

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

you make your own babalon with how you choose and use your technology. scapegoating it won't get you anywhere.
    the bigger factor, what makes your world how it is, that's how considerate people are or aren't.
    everything else is really secondary to that.
    hating logic won't turn a hell into a paradise, but it will turn a paradise into a hell.
    whatever gods, governments or anything else.
    you have a culture of hate, you have a hell, that's it.
    everything else, you can have all the toys you want, IF, you can do so, make them, use them to make other things with,
    all of that, whatever, as long, and really only as long and only if, you can do that, do that in ways you can do that,
    without screwing environment and what people have to live with.

David0301 likes this.