Going retro is the only way outta babylon....

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by David0301, Feb 13, 2018.

1. David0301

David0301 Members

thanks man, i am currently looking at these mini phones ebay link you attached, awesome, i prefer my phones to be small not big, cant fit them in my jeans pockets, it sucks,

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

But there are plenty of better choices if one cares about that stuff. It makes little sense.

Is that really an issue with a new PC?

3. Asmodean

Mine looked somewhat like this:

[​IMG]

David0301 likes this.
  4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I've had my phone for a year and its the first one I've had since smart phones came out that hasn't gotten glitchy on me around the year mark.

And it has a protective cover so I can drop it all day and it lives . The Phone Who Lived

5. David0301

David0301 Members

yep hahaha i also had that , love it

i have a customer service line, there is no other way round. i tried to find an alternative. no way. german people are very curious and want to talk to the company in person before they make any deal. its a bit different in the US, i know.

6. David0301

David0301 Members

please tell me which phone that is . im curious

7. David0301

David0301 Members

news:
    just yesterday one of my smartphones - my huawei smartphone - gave his soul up. The battery wont charge anymore. This is only after 1 year. I bought it brand new exactly 1 year ago. This is what I mean by "not build to last" . Is it understood now for you people? We didnt have those issue before smartphone came out. Batteries lasted ages.

Sidenote:
    Smartphones are also built to make your live harder , not easier. What i mean is this: Where do you put your simcard and your sd-memory card in ? Do you have to open up the whole phone and remove the battery in order to do that (which many phones are like that) . Or do you need that weird special key to open up that card-slot-drawer which makes everything complicated and hard each time. It could have been much easier. These people dont want us no good. babylon fyah .....

8. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

i also have a Kyocera duraforce....it is a construction grade phone made for outdoor use....it comes encased with strong glass and does some cools stuff....currently using my flip phone though because here in Canada where cell phone/cellular prices are among highest in the world the companies are fighting and finally deals are happening......the sim card is an easy to open rubber flip door

my best ever phone was a sony Walkman phone....it was o....ne of the first where you could create your own ringtones in seconds...had fm radio...really good sound.....if i remember right it had tetrus lol....

[​IMG]

David0301 likes this.
  9. Asmodean

With better choice I don't mean no phone, I mean another brand as Samsung. Same with Huawei. Who can take a person seriously who claims to wanna avoid 'babylon' when they choose these 2 brands..? They're as babylon as a company can get. The ultimate bad choice.

10. David0301

David0301 Members

i currently have samsung, huawei, alcatel smartphones. they are all the same. what you mean? all phone manufacturers are babylon. we have been through this topic before remember? that was at user @Ged ´s topic "babylon vs jah" . you cant avoid all babylon if you need to make money to pay your bills. neither can you pay "fair prices". we are stuck in shit.

11. Asmodean

No dude... They're far from all the same. There's a range in moral and durable choices.
    With both those aspects Huawei is at the bottom of the list. Samsung not much better.
    If you only slightly acted on what you preach you would be aware of that.

12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

13. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

^i was lightning fast on those old push button phones....you could ot break those things if you tried......what ever they were made of they should make cell phones out of that

14. Asmodean

[​IMG]

Orison likes this.
  15. I second that. I suppose on your own you could produce technology that would last practically forever, but who really has time for that? I just wish these products were geared more towards a market that is preparing for nuclear warfare. You'd think people would be prepared for that. Like underground cables, infrastructure, products that are durable. Or at least transform into robots.

16. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

[​IMG]

17. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

So you have three smartphones and a couple flip phones and you talk about getting outta Babylon?

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  18. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

Retro to me is a rotary dial phone with a cord...
    My first cell phone was a bag phone.
    I love the modern technology, it has allowed me to find people... Like minded people and also stuff that I wouldn't know existed. IV been using smart phones since 2012.
    I use them for communication, knowledge and as a raido, music player and Google maps.
    I wouldn't want to go back and leave it behind as it's to useful as a tool.
    The laptop I hardly ever dig out anymore.
    The headphone jack is important to me, don't want to loose that.

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

LG stylo something or other lol, I can't remember the exact model

20. David0301

David0301 Members

i have just googled that " Kyocera duraforce" , thats a waterproof , durable phone. i have never seen that before. why dont they sell it in the shops?

and yes i remember that sony walkman phone, i like it too. had it too. did you know you can get it again on ebay? yep