Going out to eat is fantastic

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Kinky Ramona, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

A lot better than home cooking fans want to make it sound. And you know why? Because I can be as picky as I want to be and eat whatever I want to eat and I don't have to debate it with anyone else. I miss beans and mushrooms and broccoli. :(

2. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

I prefer to eat out. Always an option, and (usually) they are never out of what you want. Unlike my kitchen which is always going empty before I know about it.

whats your favorite place to eat?
    I'm kind of fond on the Taco Bell and McDonalds
    As for "sit down" restaurants I really like Ruby Tuesdays. I use to work there and am addicted to the food.

3. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

I'm addicted to eating out.

4. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Living it Hawaii, it's a LOT cheaper to eat out than it is to buy groceries.

5. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Wish it was cheaper to eat out around here.

6. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I'd much rather eat at home. I enjoy cooking, and eating out is way more expensive.

Plus, home cooking always tastes better, and there's always much more variety.

I made some bison/smoked cheddar/ bacon fondue the other day... no restaurant could ever make something this awesome for even twice the price I paid for the ingredient.

7. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

Does Hawaii have to pay import taxes on foods that come from the 48? Even if there weren't taxes on it, everything you eat has to be imported for the most part and just paying the people to get it there would cost an arm and a leg.

8. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

I want a fondue pot but I don't know if i would use it often. How often do you use yours and what brand is it?

9. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Fondue pot?

Fuck that shit, I'm poor.

10. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

They aren't that expensive are they? I figured $30 but I'm probibly way off.

I want to get one of those Magic Bullets (haha... hmmm). I can see that I would use that thing quite often to make dip and pudding and such. But that thing is WAY TOO expensive.

buythebullet.com

11. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

I'm not really sure on the taxes, but if I had to assume, I would assume yes. Freaking $9 dollars for a gallon of milk. Ridiculous.

12. baloon

baloon Member

i like to cook a lot, but theres this awesome restaurant for poor people downtown where you pay couple bucks and you get waaay more food than you can eat in couple settings.... and they make awesome potine, so i dont mind goin there.... or at least buy a bagel at tim hortons from time to time if im out and about all day and im hungry.... but usually i make my vegetable soups and potatoes with sour cream and eggs and vegetable rice and chicken and you name it.... at home.... and also, whatever you bake at home its a nice treat too !!!

13. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Fuck it, use a regular ol' pot.

14. Kinky Ramona

As far as fast food restaurants go, I avoid them pretty much when I'm out because I work in one and if I'm going to go out, I'm going to go somewhere that serves more on their menu than your typical burger joint. But once in a blue moon, I'll get a craving for McDonald's.

My favorite restaurant is probably Cheddar's, but I've only been there once, so I'm not going to guarantee that it is my favorite. It was great at Christmas time, though. I also love Chili's and Logan's Roadhouse. Those are all an hour away, though. Here in town, we've got two cafe's, and Subway and Dairy Queen. I really like all those places, but I get tired of Dairy Queen because I seriously have it for lunch 5 out of 7 days every week. But since I work there, it's free, so there's enough of a variety for me that I don't get too tired of it.

I really like locally owned restaurants, though. The cafe's and diners are always soooo good. In town (a town about 12 miles from here, I refer to it as "in town" lol) there's a Mexican restaurant that part of my "third family" owns and I friggin' love that place, lol.

15. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

Dairy Queen's are rare here. Only a few around, but it seems like they are putting new ones up now.

16. Kinky Ramona

Do the ones where you live sell food, too, or just ice cream? It fascinates me how many just sell ice cream.

17. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I rarely eat out. Cause my mother cooks every day.
    I guess I'll have to learn to cook when I move out :eek:

18. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

The good ole hometown dairy queen closes come Nov, which is odd because it re-opens in Feb....the coldest of all months in MN.

19. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

There's a DQ right up the road from where some friends live. I walked up to it a couple of times when I got the munchies.

It's pretty nasty food... the buffalo strips aren't too bad, but the burgers are pretty shitty.

All the girls that worked there were rather attractive though... kinda odd.

20. Kinky Ramona

It really depends on the cook on whether or not your food will be good when it comes to Dairy Queen. So...if I cook it, it's almost guaranteed to be good. And right 95% of the time. Cuz damn, I'm not perfect and I fuck up a little every now and then.