Going broke at Job Corps

Discussion in 'Marijuana Price Watch' started by TopNotchStoner, Jul 1, 2006.

1. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

When I was at Job Corps, the prices were rediculous. There were times when I had to pay $30 for two joints of mids. It was fucked up, but we had to do what we had to do to get stoned. All of the prices were the same, whether we were buying schwag, mids, or dank. If you go to job corps and want to get stoned, be prepared to pay out the ass.

2. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

wow 30 bucks for two joints. i'd have to go without.

3. TopNotchStoner

You say that now, but wait until you're at job corps and you don't have anything else to spend your money on. You might as well spend it on weed, even if it's not that much. And when I say $30 for two joints, I mean I was fronted two joints for $30. If I payed for it up front it only would have been $20, but that's still a lot for two joints. One week I spent $400 and only got 40 blunts out of it, and they were small blunts, maybe 1-2g each.

4. TopNotchStoner

When you're at job corps, you will do anything to keep from being bored. Smoking is all there was to do. They knew we would pay the prices, so they charged a lot.

5. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

What is the Job Corps?

6. TopNotchStoner

It's a career-training and job-placement program.

7. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

Why does that make it hard to score? Do you have to move away from home? Sorry for all the questions.

8. TopNotchStoner

It's hard because you can't leave campus and I had to move to another state too. You can't have shit mailed to you because you have to open your packages in front of the staff. This makes it hard, which results in VERY high prices, as you can see in my original post. We still found ways to get high though, so it was straight.

9. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

It sounds more like a punishment than a job placement. In the UK we used to have national service where everybody had to do two years in the military when you reached eighteen.

10. TopNotchStoner

I did four months in the military when I was 19 or 20, I can't remember for sure. I was kicked out for smoking weed. Job Corps was alright. I'm glad I went because I met my future wife there. I wasn't really finished with the program, but they completed me early, because I kept getting into trouble. I got the entire center banned from wal-mart for buying 211 and bringing it back to the center and distributing it to minors. Then I got the center banned from food lion for stealing Black & Milds. Then I got into a bunch of fights with various people. I still got my certificate and shit, so it's straight. I met some cool ass stoners there too.

11. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

If you met your future Trouble and strife its got to be all good.

12. M4N14C42O

M4N14C42O Cannabis Connoisseur

When I was at Job Corps alittle over a year ago it was way too sketchy to smoke there. Selling cigarettes was way easier/safer. The joints (1 gram) were the same price as yours. But could make a killin off sellin cigs.

13. TopNotchStoner

Yeah, I knew someone that sold ONE pack of cigarettes for $20. People made hundreds of $ selling cigarettes and cigars, especially Black & Milds.

14. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

lol what the fuck

15. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

is 211 have "steel reserve" written on the can? those 24 oz. cans of pure nastiness. they get you shitfaced tho.

16. TopNotchStoner

That's the ones<3 Except the ones I bought were only 12oz cans in a 12 pack. I brought them back to campus and sold them for $5 per can. That's $60 for a 12 pack I paid $7 for. Nice!!!

17. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

I'm a total lightweight when it comes to alcohol, I'm like a four beer DRUNK... and I drank 4 of those 24 oz cans and got so completely shitfaced... man, good times. I was just reminded of that.

18. TopNotchStoner

hell yeah. I drank 8 of them the other night and a bottle of michelob and I ate some promethazine and flexeril and zanaflex. I was fucked up.