Godism and Jesusism Versus Allahism and Muhammadianism

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by AMS351996, Apr 11, 2019.

1. AMS351996

AMS351996 Transsexual Space-force Member

Suiting-and-serving different geographical macro-cultural regions, what point do they continue to suit-and-serve in today's era?

This thread should be titled "Godism And Jesusism Versus Allahism And Muhammadianism Or Allahism And Muhammadianism Versus Godism And Jesusism", also could be re-titled "Christianism, Godism and Jesusism Versus Muslimism/Islamism, Allahism and Muhammadianism Or Muslimism/Islamism, Allahism and Muhammadianism Versus Christianism, Godism and Jesusism"

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019 at 6:31 AM
  2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Or perhaps --Continuing myths that are likely to harm, kill and/or hinder humans from acquiring empirical knowledge/progression.

3. neonspectraltoast

neonspectraltoast Best Member

Figure out what this thread is about and get back to me.

inthelibrary likes this.
  4. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Member

Godism is not a word

D

5. AMS351996

AMS351996 Transsexual Space-force Member

The mind-set/mentality that is drab-and-dreary with dust-and-decay

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there is no "verses" here. god, allah, the tao, yaway, et all, are simply words humans have pulled out of their ass, for generically something, the same something, unknown and more powerful then themselves. christerism and islam, are further arbitrarily added complexities, mostly well motivated, which none the less, people try to tell each other, what to pretend about what is not known.

christ was cool. so probably was mahammid, but demascus road was a lie. saul of tarsus, the so called 'saint' paul, corrupted christianity, and the second mycean council made that corruption official. i don't know as much about the real history of islam as i do about that of christianity, but i can tell you with certainty, that anyone who uses christianity, or any religious belief for that matter, as an excuse for hate, has no idea what their religious beliefs are all about, why they exist, nor what motivated the creation of them.

7. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Pleazzze don't call Islam "Muhammadianism". It confuses the messenger with the message, and takes us back to colonial times when British Poobahs could call the "natives" anything they want. As for Godism and Allahism, I guess you can speak your own language if you like, but it sure sounds ridiculous. Can the topic be translated: Christianity versus Islam: Do they serve a function in today's world? Or did you have something else in mind?

themnax, Asmodean and BlackBillBlake like this.
  8. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I agree - even in the 60's as UK schoolkids we were taught to call Muslims 'Mohammedans'. One of many hangovers from the age of empire. I actually find the word somewhat offensive as I do many of the depracating terms devised by the Brits to convince themselves they were superior to the people whose wealth they were busy plundering. The kind of people who used that word would have used many other words that would be quite offensive nowadays.

themnax likes this.
  9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

If you're a born and raised atheist with mainly atheist or agnostic friends in a very secular society and have never experienced the positive aspects of living with either of this religions its possible the lack of understanding the use it has for others might be on you, and not on how strange these religious societies and mindsets might seem from our POV.

Okiefreak likes this.
  10. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice I Am Only An Egg Lifetime Supporter HipForums Supporter

I think this thread should be titled "One Kind Of Fundamentalism vs. Another Kind Of Fundamentalism." If a person isn't willing to use their critical thinking skills then what ultimate difference does it make what they think?

scratcho likes this.
  11. ^he(she?) never said it was about fundamentalism though

But if you're saying that ALL religious people aren't willing to use their critical thinking skills, and all religion is fundamentalism, that's okay, I guess

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

while i refuse to call myself a "christain" nor an "islamist", a personality cult is a cult.

even a causal reading of the scriptures of either will readily reveal such was not the intention of either.

13. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice I Am Only An Egg Lifetime Supporter HipForums Supporter

Well I'm not really sure what Jesusism and Allahism means to be honest, I just interpreted it as some sort of fundamentalism. Which I despise.

14. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I don't think anybody is sure what they mean except maybe the OP, which uses a private language. That's the problem with the thread.