Godamn Grasshoppers!!!

Discussion in 'Cannabis Outdoors' started by NoxiousGas, Aug 12, 2013.

1. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

keep munching on my plants!!!!:mad:

I killed a big one a few weeks ago, but I guess the bitch laid eggs near my plants.
    Last week I went out there and found two babies nibbling on my plants, I squished 'em!

Two days ago I went out and there were 15 of the little suckers chewing away! :eek:
    I flicked and squished almost all of them, they are only about 1/4" long, but are still doing lots of damage.
    So for the last few days every couple of hours I go out and kill more baby grasshoppers. *sigh*
    There are less each day so I'm hoping they are all done hatching or whatever.

Any suggestions of how to keep them away. A couple of years ago I caught two huge ones chowing down on one of my plants, they almost stripped it bare and it was about 15" tall.

I have tried the tobacco water spray and Tabasco spray with mixed results.
    Anyone have any other solutions?

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

plant needs to grow faster than bugs can attack..

eating bugs: like grasshoppers need traps. Netting over plants. Insecticide wont help much..

3. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Well I just killed one more baby, but he is the only one since I posted this, so I'm thinking that I got most of them or they moved on.
    Some big sunflowers I have growing show signs of being a bug snack, hopefully they like sunflowers better than pot flowers. :p

and it looks like mine are all girls..:D

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

give them something better to eat. or something to eat them. like a chicken on a leash.. :D

5. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I do have about four jumping spiders that I see all the time in my little garden.
    I leave them alone, my little guard dogs.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

hoppers are condition insects. either a dry spell or wet spell, will have them move on..

you could drown them if its dry out ., they will be thirsty and hunt water. give them a bucket and a diving board..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDMMYT3vkTk"]Back to School - Triple Lindy - YouTube

7. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I wish, it's been like 178% humidity for the last few weeks.
    Got up a couple of days and it looked like it rained overnight there was so much condensation.....but it was still in the upper 80's.

8. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Well I finally think the hoppers have moved on to eat the sunflowers I have.

My girls are a little small, but I lost about ten days worth of growth because when they were seedlings the temps got over 100 and it baked the roots a little in the small pots I started them in. I planted them in the ground and they barely survived and out of 15 I have 6 that made it.
    Right now they are about 6-7 weeks old and I figure have about another 7 weeks to go before they are ready. They started to really flower about a week ago.
    I'm hoping to get around a half an ounce or so of bud from them, if they fill out nicely that is.
    I believe they are New York Sour Diesel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Small but still fun and free weed is always good.:2thumbsup: