god

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by willow83, Jan 21, 2005.

1. willow83

willow83 Member

if u believe in a creator...how do u view them?

2. thumontico

thumontico Member

If there was a creator: Unconscious, impersonal, creative force of some sort that is neither involved in its creation nor has the ability to do such.

3. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Some suggest meditation, others prayer, others still LSD.

Perhaps these methods might allow a person to view the creator.

4. thumontico

thumontico Member

Or IMAGINE the creator.

5. BlackBillBlake

Yes - why not.

What bugs me is all these folks who think they really know just from reading some book, or from what they've been told.

6. thumontico

thumontico Member

The danger is interpretting a PRIMED imagined view of God as what God actually [is], and then creating some sort of belief on such a premise. Like every mystical religion ever created.

7. BlackBillBlake

There is a huge difference between vision and formulation of belief systems based on it. Actually, IMHO these belief systems may be one of the main barriers to such vision.

8. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i feel that god is all. there is nothing that exists or can exist that is not got. god is not male or female, but both. god is balance in all things, 'good' and 'evil', 'love' and hate', knowledge and ignorance. he's not just and entity, but action and reaction. all for the sake of learning. evil is only an absence of god, a loss of balance, a stoppage of learning. hm. and stuff like that.

9. willow83

willow83 Member

I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong.

-John Lennon

10. Love_N_it

Love_N_it Banned

You are God.

11. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

I know you are, but what am I?

12. Lucy_In_The_Sky

Lucy_In_The_Sky Member

Quote:

I believe in God like a blind man believes in the sun; not because he can see him, but because he feels him.

13. sm0key42o8

sm0key42o8 Senior Member

I believe there is a supreme being. What or who I dont kno. I just dont believe there is a way to classify them...

14. Varuna

Varuna Senior Member

I believe God is creativity itself (and Love itself, and Truth itself, and Wisdom, Compassion (Charity), Life, Consciousness, Reality, Bliss (or Joy), Peace, Mercy, Mystery, and of course, Unity (One-ness) itself).

I believe God expresses himself/herself through all of these "things" in the same way that we humans express ourselves through words, sounds, facial expressions, body language, touch, etc.

I believe Creativity itself is the Creator.

15. Varuna

Varuna Senior Member

Oh yeah, one more very important thing . . .

I believe that God is not limited to just these things, just these attributes. But, these are essential and really should be considered whenever you speak of God.

16. Hikaru Zero

Hikaru Zero Sylvan Paladin

Nice quote.

17. thumontico

thumontico Member

The question is whether you would feel Him if you were not associated with the concept God.

Would you feel God if you had not been introduced to The concept prior or had religion/God primed into your psyche? I hypothesize that you would not, therefore THIS feeling is not substantial.