God is alive, Magic is afoot

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by Stillcrazy, May 30, 2012.

1. Stillcrazy

Stillcrazy Member

Leading on from another thread on here, I was thinking about the 60s and what strikes me is that the times seemed to be filled with a special kind of magic and strange coincidences. When I say magic, I don't mean that flippantly, I mean real proper magic and very improbable coincidences that can be hard to believe in retrospect. Because we believed that the times WERE changing and perhaps even the human race was changing (and perhaps because we were stoned!) we took that for granted, but I am aware now that it was very special times indeed.

In 68, I was 16 and living in Toronto, and I met a guy from the Haight who invited me to visit him after he went back home. I travelled down to San Francisco, but by the time I got there (January 1969) he had been busted on a drugs charge and was being held in the cells in a police station. I went to crash in a communal house belonging to his friends and everything was fine. One night, there was a knock on the door and in walked a guy I knew from Toronto. It turned out that he also had been busted and just happened to be put into a cell with the same guy that I was visiting. They had never met before, but when they got talking, they discovered that they both knew me, so he found out where I was staying and came round to see me. I mean, what are the chances that 2,000ish miles away, two guys I knew would end up in the same cell at the same time?

Another strange coincidence was hitchiking through the hills from Santa Cruz to Palo Alto. I was a 17 year old girl on my own. I got a lift from a guy who seemed ok, but when we got into the hills, he decided that I should pay for my ride with sexual favours. When I didn't agree, he threatened to rape me and kill me. After he realised that I was going to put up a hell of a fight, he threw me out of the car in the middle of nowhere. I was really shaken up and was too frightened to hitchike again, and I ended up hiding behind some trees, shaking. After a while, it was starting to get dark and I knew I couldn't stay in the woods all night and I would have to hitchike again. I went back onto the road and when I heard a car, I just shut my eyes tight and stuck out my thumb. The car stopped and I heard, "Get in and roll a joint!" It was two hippie friends of mine that lived down the street from me!

I'm wondering if other people found those times full of strange coincidences and weird happenings?

2. Scorpio Kenny

Scorpio Kenny Church of the Good Earth - ArchBishop

Who played that song?
    "God is alive, Magic is afoot"

I just can't remember.

3. Scorpio Kenny

I just looked it up on-line. I'm thinking of Buffy Sainte-Marie.

There's also Leonard Cohe.

Thanks for bring that important thing back to mind.

now I'll go out and live it. Thanks my firend.

A gift to you and to all:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws5xZGS2fVQ&feature=related"]Buffy Sainte-Marie : God Is Alive, Magic Is Afoot - YouTube

My face is awash with tears. My heart bursting. - Kenny

4. babyjay

babyjay Senior Member

my entire life is like this. that sort of thing happened on a smaller scale multiple times yesterday. when you just sort of flow, and let things flow around you, its wonderful!

5. ChinaCatSunflower67

ChinaCatSunflower67 Member

It is wonderful to have these type of things occur, I really feel bad for the people who cant just ''let the sun shine in'', metaphorically speaking that is. Everything starts from within, if you surround yourself with positive energy, positive energy surrounds you. A more well known western term for this would be, looking at the glass half full... but thats just the beggining ;)

6. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

I agree with everyone above. But also, I wish acid was around like in the 60's. Some chemists are slacking off, man. My generation needs more LSD!!!

7. ChinaCatSunflower67

ChinaCatSunflower67 Member

Agreed, I get charged an arm and leg to get some hits around here haha. I was looking at your user name and it made me wonder if there is still Stp being made today, dont think id want to try it out even if it was though :p

8. breezy420nahm

breezy420nahm Member

life is beautiful when you stop looking at it through your own eyes, so to speak. you are only a small piece of the ultimate puzzle, you are not important..simply enjoy your consciousness!

9. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Yeah, I'm starting to question the legitimacy of these research chemicals. (not stp per se, but MDPV, 2-ce and others have me concerned.)

10. uitar9

uitar9 Member

I was living in St John's, 1971, walking home in a snow storm, coming down from a hit of acid, dead of winter, snow storm, heavy army parka and hood tied up tight. Had another 2 or three miles to walk. A car pulls up beside me, a green bug, get in Fred. Brian was smoking a joint and we had a terrific ride home in that storm. Previously we vaguely knew each other from being in the scene. Good vibes operating that night. Karma

11. Scorpio Kenny

Dude. If you want great LSD-25. Don't whine. Become the chemist. Get some books and read. take a class. Grow some Rye and first make whiskey. Learn to crawl before you learn to walk.

Then Fly.

what will you be doing six years from now?

A)
    Turning on the world?

B)
    Still just hanging out and whining.

The World is your oyster. Apply yourself. Work toward your dreams.

12. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Dig, I would love to become a chemist! I can do basic shit, extracting LSA, mescaline and, hash. But I'm too paranoid to set up a lab or anything. I live in a little ass hick town, and the five are DICKS!

13. Scorpio Kenny

Move out. Find a college. Take Chem. Meet some like-minded classmates. Do stuff together. not by yourself. Down the road, student loans are easy to pay off when you're making millions. I just guessing here.

And take about the fans!

Whatever.

Melts in the mind. Not in the Hand.
    That's an oldie. LOL

14. Scorpio Kenny

Back in some Dai. Ozly would do lab. Then break it all down. Store it away someplace. (There was no place to bust.)

Others would give away or sell. not him. Shit happens and shit would happen. Whatever. Invisible.

That's is the legend that I heard, fourth or fifth hand. All hearsay. No one knows.

15. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

lol yeah,well I was going to college in NY but I need to get back in.

16. Scorpio Kenny

I feel that it's good for a young man to have goals in life. But then, it's not about how I feel, now is it? It's about how you feel. So. How do you feel?

Most people go to college with no goals at all.

A lucky few people go back to college with real goals.

Who's the Rock Star? :2thumbsup:

Just think. You could then move to Switzerland. All of Euro would Love you.
    Dream Big. And take a few new Chem Major friends with you.​

17. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Well you said it already; I'd like to go back to college, and move out of this god forsaken country lol. But as long as I don't conform to society, and remain free and independent, I'll be happy.

18. Delta 9 The Psychonaut

Delta 9 The Psychonaut Member

19. Scorpio Kenny

Yes, I'm positive about Karma.
    LOL

Sorry. I couldn't help myself with that one.

20. Scorpio Kenny

Yet, from the original post on this thread. Yes there certainly is magic in life. Science cannot prove it but it's bigger than science and it's everywhere. If only we could be knowing.

Science cannot prove Love either. LOL