God involved in Paganism.

Discussion in 'Paganism' started by SurfhipE, Aug 17, 2005.

1. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

I know.. i was joking... as a couple of billion think otherwise i doubt paradigms will change anytime soon.

Not mine, i am made of more rational thinking than that... You need to apologise too those few billion people i was speaking of earlier.. If you start now, come your 89 Birthday..the job should have been done.. Taking into account population growth and global warming [of course].

2. SageDreamer

SageDreamer Senior Member

There is a great deal of disagreement among Pagans on just about any issue. As a group, we tend to be pretty pragmatic. The real question is "does it work?"

If believing in a specific god or God or goddess or Goddess or none at all makes sense and helps you through life, go for it. We don't tend to fuss over labels and definitions as much as some other people.

3. chegzy

chegzy Member

Titana hardy (i think that is her name i cant quite remember) wrote a few books including spells, rituals etc for open minded people
    i bought one of her books when i first got interested in the craft, everything in it is very simple to do and she keeps as much as possible for people to perform using their own beliefs, i found it helpful when i was trying to understand religions arround me
    look her up

4. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

I worship a creator that is the source of everything, the creator is in everything and is everything, especially the Earth itself.

When it gets down to it, everyone that believes in a creator, is praying to the same god, whether it be Allah, Jesus, Brahma, or the cool rock at the river.

I love paganism in all its forms. I was raised christian, but me and my mom have started to believe some things a little different, such as reincarnation, and such. I have gotten really into earth spiritual paths, it seems to be my calling.

By all means if you feel the need to keep God a part of your pagan practices then do it, like other people have said, go with whatever seems to be the truth.

5. SurfhipE

SurfhipE Senior Member

I was talking to my cousin about all of this who is very christian and she was telling me that whatever I believe, so long as it didn't go against the bible since that was the word of God that it would be.. 'okay'. As strongly as I feel for God, the bible has so many contradictions that it makes me question it, which makes me feel bad like I am questioning God, as it is his 'word'. She didn't seem so into the idea of me being interested as paganism-(she still had the idea of spells and satanic dancing) but she truly emphasized as long as it didn't go aganist the bible, which I had no idea whether or not it did..

6. NatureFreak412

I feel you on this one. When I first started getting into paganism I thought... Does this go against God... Well it depends on how you look at it. If you think magic is wrong, then dont mess with it, thats about hte only thing the bible talks against that sort of thing(other than worshipping more than one god) You dont have to practice any sort of magic, or magick, if you dont feel it is right. I dont... I dont really think it is wrong, but I just dont do it.

Think about it like this... if Jesus was here right now, do you think he woudl be going to the churches of today??? no he would be sitting outside under some trees taking in the nature. The modern Church is so twisted from what it was meant to be, thats what gives christianity such a bad name.

so you can look at it like that... what would Jesus do? Be a member of a congregation full of lying backstabing hypocrites? or go walk barefoot in the local park and talk to people about life issues, which is basically what he did in his time..

Thats why I am into the Gaian Pagan stuff, just w/o the polytheism and stuff, but hey if your into that then by all means do what you think is right, for me, Theres just one creator. It is the wind, the trees, the grass, everything but its one thing... love.

7. NatureFreak412

Surf... there is a place in a park near me that I go to. There are 5 willows that have grown into each other, that makes a perfect hand comming up out of the earth, these are realllll old trees and this hand is huge. You can sit on the palm, it is like the hand of god. I wish you could go there because of all the energy present.

I think you should look deep within yourself, forget everything you have been taught, and ask yourself... "who am I?"

When you can answer that you will know exactly where you belong.

8. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

You hit the nail on the head, SD. But the neat thing is that we don't go around killing and destroying over our disagreements or our own perceptions of what our religion "should" be. I truly wish every other "faith" could live as we do. The greatest three things about being Pagan is that we have no burdens, we have little contradiction and we do NOT recruit.

And the real answer is, "Yes, as long as we continue to teach and practice tolerance.

9. NatureFreak412

Yeah, I think it is awesome for everyone to have different beliefs, or suppertime would be boring, and then when your watching the game everyone would be for the same team and that would totally suck.

You can believe what you want in paganism and most other pagans are not going to shun you because of it.

10. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

What is it about paganism, rather than christanity (or any of the other major religons) that makes it so liberal? Do you think it's because it has no dogma?

11. SurfhipE

SurfhipE Senior Member

I love how you stated how Jesus would be out in nature, rather than in the church..that was really beautiful, it made me think of things differently..i really liked that comparrison.
    The cluster of willow trees sounds like a dream..there are a few differnt spots in the park I go to..places I can really connect..energy overflowing..

12. NatureFreak412

THanks, read the thread I made "For christians or anyone else interested in paganism". Even though I am mostly pagan I still believe in Jesus and everything. and I dont care what people have to say about that. I just relate to him, he was persecuted for what he believed in, and he was just trying to send the message of love, and most modern christians have completly warped that message.

Any circle or triangular group of trees produce really strong energy. A friend told me a good way to cleanse yourself of negativity is after you hug a tree, to lean up against it with ur spine in line with it. It really does make you feel good. I havnt been to that park in almost 2 weeks I need to go soon, I might go Saturday. It is very peaceful there. A nice large creek with trees hanging over it, and its shallow so you can walk around in it, and I havnt seen any snakes over there. I have seen lots of turtles and fresh water clams and fish in it tho. When civilization fails I will definately go live there or the woods close to me. Everything you need is right there, food, water, shelter, I dont know why people gave up their forest dwelling lifestyle.

I have a lot of interesting pagan sites somewhere in my favorites If I find them I will post them on here.

13. SageDreamer

SageDreamer Senior Member

I think that the lack of dogma is a big part of what makes it so liberal. I would go so far to say that the more dogma a belief system has, the less liberal it is likely to be.

Another factor is that so many Pagans learned about Paganism through books. As a result, Paganism has been more successful in attracting the sort of people who read books and think about things. Those people generally tend toward liberalism.