"God and homosexuals"

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Bare Foot Bunny Hugg, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Bare Foot Bunny Hugg

Bare Foot Bunny Hugg Member

I want to know why being homosexual(i hate being called gay) is wrong if "God" made everyone. Being "gay" isnt something you wake up and tell yourself your gonna be. you were born that way. so why does everyone get their panties in a bunch if god created us but says that marriage is between a man in a woman.
    -sighs-. i am bi just to let yall know.

2. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

caus ein they eyes of "the church" [quotation marks cause its not the churches decision, its kinda layed down to them] cause in the Old testament it says laying with another man ia an abomination [or somehting to that effext] and then Paul in the NT says its wrong as well....i fin nowhere where jesus says its wrong...love is love, and if it happens to be to a person of the same sex, itd fine by me...

3. Bare Foot Bunny Hugg

4. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

oh, and i forgot to add it was written more than 2000 yrs ago, maybe that has something to do with it...

5. Bare Foot Bunny Hugg

6. thumontico

thumontico Member

As you can see God's hatred for you abitrary. However, it is still what he says, and if you go against God you will not go to Heaven [God:*winks*].

7. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

...because people are trying to live by the contradictory word of many diffrent people written between 5 and 2 thound years ago.

PS, homosexuality is ripe in both human and animal kind, totally natural, and, in my opinion is the world way of trying to say "Listen, there are too many people on the planet, so why not try and cut back a bit on the whole getting pregnant thing so we can have enough resources to all survive"...

8. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

Jesus is God

God's word doesn't change. God doesn't say, "Forget what I said about the past, I have new rules." If it did, he would have another Bible written.

As for the comment about God not showing his presence, He does. God continues to manifest his presence daily.

9. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

OK, for a start, the bible isn't written by god, it's wriiten by man. (Did you know that the first 5 books, suposadly written by Moses, were actully written by 4 diffrent people, none of which was moses himself).

But ignoring that for a moment, how do you know that god hasn't written another bible? you ask any muslim and they'll tell you that the Quoran/Koran is the new bible.

Now I'm not saying that it is (because, much like the bible, it's also written by man). But that's not to say that he's not made another profit to lay his word down (after alll, the world is a diffrent place now, surely he would need to update and keep in touch with modern man?).

What did you expect? to get an email from him telling you all to go and buy Bible 2.0?

10. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

Yes, that is the world's view on the Bible. The Bible was written by man, through the Holy Spirit. As much as the world would like to believe that man just came up with the idea in his head to get together and write a book about controlling the masses, it is not true. Without God using these men as physical instruments, then there would be no written word. However, God gave us the Bible as an instruction booklet while we are here on earth. I have many posts on here written under the influence of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the Lord that lives inside his followers.

I never disputed whether or not Moses wrote Genesis.

11. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Senior Member

This is a tired and silly argument.
    People who claim that God speaks directly to them are CRAZY, period.

12. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

What about the Quoran/Koran then? You ask any Muslim and they'll tell you it is the new bible.... what makes you so sure that your bible is right, and that the muslim bible (or wiccan, or satanist, or whatever other bible you want to think of) is wrong?

I can't think of any time more so than NOW when god's intervention would be needed. This thread is a perfect example - homosexuality. Is it a sin or not? Will a homosexual go to heaven or not? If god is the almight, why does he not come down and tell everyone what they need to do?

Why is he so cryptic?

(I recomend that you read the book "Age of Reason" by Thomas Paine, then come back to me on the topic of the bible, OK?)

13. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

14. Bare Foot Bunny Hugg

Im really not trying to be rude but i could care less about going to heaven..just trying to make a point that being gay isnt wrong

15. arlia

arlia Members

if you think about it,the reason god created man and women for each other is because they belong together,he created adam and eve not adam and steve.

see for yourslef how long humanity will last if everybody was gay,there would be no offspring would there?

GOD IS NOT AGAINST GAY PEOPLE,HE IS AGAINST THE SIN!
    some of the churches are not very open minded,i myslef as a christian have found some denominations very judgemental even towards me because i do not conform to theyre expectations!

you may find it hard to believe but they are churches that except you for who you are!

16. arlia

arlia Members

no not crazy just in unity with god!
    god doesnt jsut speak in words,but in dreams and visions also

17. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

How do you know that these dreams and visions are the voice of god, and not your own imagination?

18. Bare Foot Bunny Hugg

being gay is not a sin. loving the same sex is no more wrong then a black person loving a white person. we are all joined at heart and should be able to love who we want to love without being judged. and about the offspring thing..thats why everyone wasnt made gay :)

19. Bare Foot Bunny Hugg

only the special few of us:rolleyes: jk hehe

20. arlia

arlia Members

gay is a sin,it is against nature.......however im not homophobic and i do believe that they genuinly care for each other,but man was meant for woman and woman for man!
    i dont treat gay ppl any different from my other hetero friends,but i do not agree with what they are doing!