gluten/dairy/peanut-free chocolate mousse

Discussion in 'Food Allergies' started by homeschoolmama, Apr 17, 2007.

1. homeschoolmama

homeschoolmama Senior Member

Oh my gosh... this is SO good! I was trying to find a GF chocolate pudding recipe when I stumbled across this one. And it is soooo thick, rich, and absolutely wonderful that I just HAD to share!

1 bag chocolate chips (Guittard & Ghirrardelli both have GF chips - they've been processed on lines with dairy, but do not contain additional dairy. Both companies are dedicated GF & peanut-free)
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 tablespoon maple syrup (100% pure should be GF)

Take a bag of chocolate chips (I used bittersweet) and melt them down in the microwave or your double-boiler. Add in 1 teaspoon vanilla & 1 tablespoon maple syrup. Take a 16oz block of tofu, and toss it into the blender. Mix in the melted chocolate, (mine got really REALLY thick, so you might want to add a tablespoon or two of soy milk just so the blender doesn't slow to a stop) and spoon into cups. Chill for at least 30 minutes and serve with fresh strawberries.

This made roughly 3 cups. I didn't measure it, but it filled 6 of our dessert cups that are about 1/2 cup each.

I've had some pretty good mousse before, and this is far thicker than I'm used to (gonna try a little milk next time) but it was sooo rich & good... and because there's no cream in it, it's better for me! Just thought someone else might like to try this super rich, guilt-free treat too [​IMG]
    love,
    mom

2. sea of grass

sea of grass Member

Aww, I miss this recipe. I had a very similar one for mousse and it was sooooo good, but alas I am now allergic to soy so I can't eat it. I'm currently working on trying to make a vegan/allergy-free mousse right now and not havin' much luck...oh well.

3. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

i have a chocolate pudding that you may like sea of grass

i make a big batch so that it lasts for a while

5 bananas
    5 avocadoes
    1 c water
    5 tbsp cocoa powder
    10 drops of stevia or 1/4 to 1/3 c maple syrup

blend blend blend, if it gets too thick for the vitamix, i add a bit more water. the more water i add, the lighter it gets.

ps, we dont do soya either

4. homeschoolmama

homeschoolmama Senior Member

Oooh, yummy! I'd heard you could use avocados in pudding, but haven't tried it yet. Thanks Nimh [​IMG]
    love,
    mom

5. sea of grass

sea of grass Member

how long does the avocado/banana pudding last? It sounds lovely, and nutritious.

6. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

around here it doesnt last very long because it gets eaten! LOL

cheers!
    :)