Global Warming Scam

Discussion in 'The Environment' started by Revan, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Revan

Revan Member

Does noone realise that this is all a scam? Honestly, take a step back and look at the actual information we have about the earth. Right now there are 350 parts per million of carbon in the atmosphere, that may seem like a huge number, but what they are completely missing is that that humanity's earliest recordings of that number are more than 18 times higher. That's before cars, Freon, [font=&quot]Chlorofluorocarbons, and any other man made polution we now attribute to "global warming". [/font]"Environmental groups were quick to dismiss the scientific skepticism on global warming. Ariana Silverman, a spokeswoman for Sierra Club's Global Warming & Energy program, disputed the panel's claim that climate science did not support the Kyoto Protocol.

'It is very difficult to make that claim. There is a consensus in the scientific community,' Silverman said." -From CNS news

I'm sorry, but is it just me or doesn't the whole concept of science REFUSE to accept CONSENSUS as a means of proving something? The whole point of science is to get to the truth, Columbus said the world was round, but he must have been wrong, I mean, there was a pretty well founded consensus that he was a lunatic.

Co2 is a naturally occuring gas, the Co2 that we humans put into the air accounts for 4 percent of what is in the air. Face the facts people, can a human being create something new? Obvious answer, no. Can a human being destroy something? Again, no. What is chlorine? Obvious, a natural gas. Wait, what did I hear there, natural? This stuff occurs with or without the help of humans?

Now that I hope you've paid some attention and are at least curios enough to ask your self "what if this guy's right?" lets get itno who's benefiting from this illusion of 'Global warming'?
    Al Gore has been trumping around the nation in his private jet, hopping between his 5 mansions touting the fact that everyone needs to invest in a 'Carbon offset program' which he claims to make no money from and infact invests in himself. Can we say, caught?

Speaking of carbon offsets and shell games, guess where Gore buys his carbon offsets? Well, he buys them from a firm called Generation Investment Management LLP, a tax-exempt U.S. 501(c)3 corporation. The chairman and co-founder is Al Gore. In other words, he buys his carbon offsets from himself. Others who buy these offset are really buying stock in Gore's growing business. You, too, can green up his portfolio, if not Earth itself.
    [font=&quot][/font]~Investor's Buisness Daily (http://ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=258075474834657)

Any of this getting through to you? Don't be another sheep in line to jump off the cliff. Global warming is killing people. Freon was banned to curb 'global warming', face the facts here, freon is THE most efficent cooling compound ever to be used by man kind. What did we use it for? Everything, but most importantly, fighting fires. What happens when you take away the tools used to save people and replace them with less effective ones?

Space shuttle columbia crash. Caught on fire in the atmosphere, caused by a broken tile. A tile replaciong the almost completely heat resistant tiles made with CFCs - taken off of the space craft for 'globabl warming' concerns.

Face the facts, the wools over your eyes.

2. CloudFlower

CloudFlower Member

You must admit though, the weather as of the late is abit odd... and we are going to suffer drought this summer.... global warming or not

3. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

i dont care if global warming is a scam or not (i dont think it is) because its causing people to realize and aknowledge their effect on the planet. thats what really matters.

4. Revan

Revan Member

How do you think that it's for real? I have never seen any facts for global warming that weren't instantly disputable or simply a correlation, which we all know means close to nothing.

You don't think it matters if it isn't real? Lives have already been lost because of this panic and this panic is going to lead our economy to the ground. If you do not understand the implications of that, I'll make them for you. If the USA has no money, wwe cannot invest in our military and become a weak nation. If we become a weaker nation through loss of military strength, we cannot keep our borders secure and we become unable to stop terrorist attacks.

how does that not matter?

5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

buzz off, troll.

6. FreindlyMuskOx

FreindlyMuskOx Member

Isn't that exactly the opposite kind of view that belongs on this forum? Did you just come on here to stir up a debate?

7. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

lol! thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard. i second drumminmamas suggestion.

8. mondoglove

mondoglove Member

revan, it must be stressful to live in a constant state of anxiety and fear over the specture of terrorist attacks in your country. however, this insight might help calm your nerves:

terrorists want to attack you and rape your grandmother because deep down in their black hearts they hate and envy your freedom. they secretly yearn for the freedoms of the greatest nation on earth, where the vigilence of an intelligent public, combined with the honesty and moral superiority of the riteous government ensure that christian values will dominate an increasingly turbulent world for as long as the oil lasts...

9. meteorlima

meteorlima Member

10. skyjewelz

skyjewelz Member

I agree with wanderin blues, people are starting to take steps to take care of the environment. I don't know what's going on down there but how is the global warming issue really putting people in a panic? I do believe it's an issue, however studies are showing that we'll be in trouble in what...like a century. If society takes steps now to help the environment, who is it really hurting even if by chance your right and it's not a problem.

When did nature become such an inconvenience???

11. Alaskan

Alaskan Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Well if anybody needs convincing, come to where I live and take the tour.
    I can show you where the face of a glacier was 30 yrs ago.
    Then we can take a 1/2 day hike and you can see where they are today. 30 years ain't much in the life of a glacier, but receding several miles in a few years is unheard off.

12. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

must be really tough for you to see that happening, alaskan :(
    *sigh* at least people are starting to wake up, if just a little, eh?
    now all they need is a lifestyle change and to stop taking everything for granted.
    so easy in our stupid society to get out of touch with where things come from and where they ultimately go... and the price at which it all happens.

13. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Member

Revan,

At the beginning of your opinion piece, you stated that humans basically have nothing to do with Global Warming. In addition to this, that in general, it has to do largely in part with the science of the make up of the world. I agree with the fact that it's occurring, just not that humans do not play a vital role in it. This is a sincere question...
    Are you as naive to think that humans play a minimal role in the over all effects of Global Warming? or the speed of it? We are, to put it nicely, RAPING the earth on a daily basis with our lifestyles. If you do follow this line of thinking, how can it be so that changing JUST the cars we drive and the energy that our houses and places of work run on could stop an entire WAR? Could lower the effects of green house gases and emissions?

It's ignorant to think that it's just all "how it is" and that there's really nothing more to do on your part than taking the time to research in to why Al Gore may not be an ultra environmentalist, when this man at the very least, has informed the world with facts involving the sides of Global Warming, that are not as well heard/publicized, as large corporations (even the ones that he's been involved with previously--key word--previously) keep them swept under the rug or shove money towards hiding.

I'm not disagreeing with you on the fact that it's going to happen over time, but it's the fact that we can't sit idly by and not realize that there's a massive role being played by our lifestyle choices.

14. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Some people would not believe we have any effect on the earth's weather until they are standing in water up to their knees and their hair is on fire.And remember,don't sail off across the ocean--you'll fall off the other end.

15. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Member

a sad fact, but well put..

16. Pronatalist

Pronatalist Banned

We lost a space shuttle, due to stupid "global warming" freaks? I hadn't heard that before.

What worries me about it, is the economic havok the enviro wackos are trying to wreak with their "global warming" lies and distortions. Isn't it awfully convenient that they neglect to mention the Little Ice Age that lasted from the 1500s to the 1800s, that we are just coming out of. Some book I recently bought at the bookstore on disasters, mentioned this among the disasters through history.

Know what the main "greenhouse effect" gas is? Water vapor. But they don't tell us that, because how can we blame water vapor on man? That's why it gets cold in the desert at night, but not so cold in areas with humidity and clouds.

They can't prove there is any global warming, they can't prove it is significant, they can't prove that the effects will be dire, they can't prove that humans are the cause, nor can they prove that there is anything at all that we can do to "fix" it or make much difference. Other than wreck the economy, and oppress the poor with jacked-up energy prices. How can we reduce CO2 emissions? Simple, make energy more expensive, which hurts the poor, and could make the U.S. to be a "third world" nation unable to help the developing nations nor lead the world anymore.

17. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You Again!!shit.

18. FreakerSoup

FreakerSoup Stranger

Indeed. Pn's and the OP are just bull. CO2 was 18x higher before industrialization? CO before industrialization was around 240ppm. Guess how much CO2 china produced just last year from coal-burning power plants?

3.1 Billion Tons. Not pounds, tons. And that's just China, just one year, and just coal-burning power plants. If you think we can do that without any effect on the atmosphere, you're an idiot, plain and simple.

19. Cornball1

Cornball1 Member

As we put CO2 into the air a lot of it is taken out, trees, plants, etc. But the biggest place it goes to is the ocean. It goes into solution in the water. Much of this then reacts with the water to form carbonic acid and lowers the ocean pH(making it more acidic). This process can't go on forever, its in equilibrium with the reactants and products. The rate at which CO2 is taken up slows overtime as the ocean water becomes more and more saturated. Over time this reaches a maximan point and no more CO2 will go into the water and we will see the CO2 concentration start to increase at an exponential rate. As the climate warms from this we also start to see a melting of permafrost in siberia, canada, and the ocean floor. In this permafrost is methane which will be released as the permafrost melts. Methane is a much stronger greenhouse gas then CO2, think comparing beer to vodka. There is also more frozen methane then there is carbon in the oil in the middle east. If global warming isn't gotten under control soon then things will start to heat up very fast. I think life could survive at the new higher temperatures without a problem... if it was actually given time to adapt. We need to slow global warming to give life a chance to adapt to its new climate, spread to new zones, allow the rise of new species. The rate that its going, life is in for some serious bumps. Not that some species wouln't survive, life will go on, it will just will a greater mass extinction then if it proceded slowly.

20. RylyC

RylyC Member

even if it is fake, it doesnt hurt to care and prevent it from happening.