Glastonbury hates me

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Mercy, May 20, 2004.

1. Mercy

Mercy Member

It really does. After all that fuss getting the tickets, then losing them, then getting them back again, I'm having even more trouble with them!
    My friend gave her ticket to my other friend because she wanted to go more, and we were told that the information on the tickets could be changed, as long as it was before the tickets were sent out.
    Now, they have decided to change the rules, and will not change the details, will only change the address OR the name, not both. So, Ali is stuck with a ticket that says Chloe's info on, and Chloe doesn't have the money to pay for the ticket anymore. I don't knwo what to do!
    I either go down on my own, or try and find a way round this. It says that we will need I.D., but I don't have a clue what they will ask for. If it's passports, then they don't have addresses on anyway, so I could change the name on the ticket. But if we have to take some form of proof of address, I don't know what to do! HELP!!!
    Glastonbury better be worth all this damn fuss and stress I've gone through for these tickets! Grrr.

2. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

you do seem to be having an series of bad luck glastonbury wise but its worth going to so dont give up:)

3. A Clockwork Orange*

A Clockwork Orange* Member

Yes it's worth it.. just think you may have a chance of seeing Oasis, and of course Sir Mccartney :)

4. spacecadet

spacecadet Guest

One time I was there a bunch of hippies drove a bus through the fence. It stayed down all weekend. :)

5. zopilote

zopilote Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

me and nick are in this situation as well, we've both changed the names but our addresses are of the friends we bought them off. we're planning to talk to the bank, say that we're going to be at another address for the next week and ask them to post us a statement to it. so then we have proof of address. also we figured that if you turn up with the person whose address it is they can vouch for you living there, and that can't hurt. really though i think these rules are too ridiculous for them to be entirely serious, i think its a measure to stop the selling over ebay, i dont think after we've come so far with all our stuff and we can prove that we are the person on the ticket that they can turn us away.

least i really hope not

6. torz

torz Member

dont give up, seriousley glasto is worth going to. the rules may seem rather stupid now but i do think that they are worth it for the sake of glastonbury being able to carry on in the future.

7. Moonlightstars

Moonlightstars Member

think your self lucky you got the tickets in the first place unlike myself :p
    i'm sure everything will work out fine.... plus it has to be worth it....... its glastonbury......

8. Iago

Iago Member

No more talk of Glastonbury problems, put money in your purse! I never met a gate man who was inpenetrable to the charms of gold and silver. Put money in your purse! Use your trinkets to glaze over the eyes of the security, leave them in a wandering state of desire and greed. Put money in your purse!

9. Ellie-Rose

Ellie-Rose Le Muppet

I actually read somewhere.. that they will only do spot checks on the Id... like 1 in every 100 or something like that.. or it will take weeks for 125,00 people to get through the gates!!

So you may be ok!!

10. Mercy

Mercy Member

WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A wonderful lady called Holly from SeeTickets sorted things out with the runners of the festival, and they gave her permission to change the details as a special exception. What an absolute star! So everything is sorted! I can't believe how much poo I've gone through to get this all sorted! I'm going to appreciate Glastonbury a million times more now. Yipppeeeeeee!

11. zopilote

zopilote Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

how? how did you do this?