glastonbury 2007 list if your going

Discussion in 'UK Parties and Protests' started by jonny2mad, Apr 2, 2007.

1. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

well its different and not as on the edge with the fence but its a hell of a lot safer less theft less people being attacked , its still worth going to and I went before the new fence

2. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

See my opinions on the glastonbury festival is different, i wouldnt go even if i got a ticket, sure there are some good bands going but thats it.
    My BF lives near it and its mayhem there even now, it has been for ages.
    All the wildlife is being disturbed, the sheep are being moved into different land because of the noise. The locals like it in a way because at least the stupidly expensive pub in pilton can make some money so i surpose its good for them.

But nope glastonbury festival is a crap, no good for the land festival.

Its sponsored by greenpeace but it isnt so greenpeace really!!!!

3. lithium

lithium frogboy

In 2005 Glastonbury festival paid more than £1.3million to charities and local groups.

List of worthy causes including many local ones supported by the festival:
    http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/worthy_causes.aspx?id=134

4. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

Thats a nice list I still the festivals a crock of shit!! Im going up to pilton next week to see some mates and gonna have a look at the beauty of a giant fence, with big stanges in. There are shit loads of people there already in a varity of rigs fucking up the land. Getting in my view

5. PinkMoon

PinkMoon Senior Member

could you maybe post the links jonny?
    if anyone were to get last minute jobs for glastonbury id like it to be hipforumes!

6. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

well the one that i know that wanted people on the 5th seem to have just filled positions on the 6th

there are jobs at lots of other festivals throughout the summer lots of them paid

7. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

they still want people for isle of wight festival but thats real short notice Im busy otherwise Id go as the stones are there

8. lithium

lithium frogboy

While I'm sure Michael Eavis would be mortified to learn that the fence will be obscuring your view of his land while you're in the locality, it is privately owned land and they have all the proper licenses and permissions to put the festival on... perhaps get your friends to write to their MP?

9. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

And move the festival!!! Naa doubt that will work really will it.
    Its just so much land for a 3 day event

10. lithium

lithium frogboy

Well you only have a nearly forty year tradition and one of the biggest and most successful arts festivals in the world to fight against in order to restore your view when you visit Pilton - hey, could happen!:D

11. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

It could work, im quite powerful

Ohh I could start my own anti-glastonbury festival protest, chain myself outside one of the gates and stuff!!!

12. lithium

lithium frogboy

Paddy (Meng) and Lauren (Zeitgeist) who don't post on here much are both going, I have their numbers to facilitate a meet-up:) It'll be like old times! Kind of!

13. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

if they are wise they would camp close to us as we are old glasto hands even if they are going in a group they would do well camping in a group close to us

14. L.A.Matthews

L.A.Matthews Senior Member

I'd really love to camp with you guys, but DD Events are forcing me to camp with them, apparently...The bastards...

15. lithium

lithium frogboy

I did tell you that was their rules, young Matthews... how about organising a cheap second tent to set up in the festival?

16. L.A.Matthews

Yes-yes. I did know the rules. How much is a cheap tent?

17. lithium

lithium frogboy

Well you could probably steal one from a pensioner or a child without too much difficulty...

18. L.A.Matthews

...Thanks, Jon...¬,¬

Seriously...

19. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

well you could always set up a fake tent and pretend to share it in ddeventsville or put up one of your tents there and one with us
    most people take two man tents most dome tents are two man so you could do that , as I would guess your both taking a tent each
    most likely as it is there will be spare tent space with us, phoenix allways takes a tent that ends up full of people as he gets lonely and doesnt like camping on his own

20. lithium

lithium frogboy

Good idea, you can say you're sharing in with my tent if you like? The only thing is if you have an 8 o'clock start it's a loooonng walk from Pennard's Hill to the clocking on place.