Glass Spoon Pipe...wtf???

Discussion in 'Show Your Piece' started by bigfudge_7, Mar 1, 2006.

1. nesta

nesta Banned

then thats not an american style joint. thats how i always roll, too, but thats not how americans on the average roll. i'm talking the classic doobie....

[​IMG]

depending on how its rolled, particularly if its a wide gauge smoke, then it can be pretty likely that you'll end up with a few little peices of pot in your mouth, and possibly a mooshy mouthpeice to it......

2. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

Seriously, if you need to use a screen for your bowl then you either: 1) Suck at packing a bowl, and/or 2) Must be smoking shake. Theres no point if you just dont break up the weed so finely. Leave some chunks.. give it structure. And once it starts pulling through then you know its cash. If you need to eat ash in order to figure that out then your a moron

3. happyonehit420

happyonehit420 Member

that's what I'm saying, it doesn't start pulling through until towards the end when the bowl is almost cashed but not quite. The hole at the bottom of the bowl is large enough for a q-tip to fit through, and I chose it like that on purpose (for cleaning). I can understand why people don't want to bother with them, but I just find it worth the little, little extra effort. and please don't say I don't even know how to pack a bowl, I've been doing this stuff since I was 6 years old....I noticed how some of you said to pack like little nugs, then like normal, so I guess I should just put it out there that I don't really like packing nugs into my bowls...well, I really don't ever end up with nugs cuz as soon as I get any amount of pot, I break it all up at once. I hold no mercy, and leave no nugs unbroken....that's just a personal preference, though. as far as my joints, though, they have never left stuff in my mouth. Occasionally, they will get a little soggy, but that's usually the fault of my aunt...I roll them notoriously tight, so that could be why. But, to be honest, I think it's cool that different people pack their bowls/roll their joints differently. If we all did it the same way, forums like this wouldn't even exist, plus it would be really boring...

4. happyonehit420

happyonehit420 Member

btw, for a 15 year old with a pic of bob marley in your sig, you don't really hold him in good honor with his message of peace and love. you seem to be a pretty snotty person, very disdainful towards anyone who does something different than yourself. as I have said in nearly every thread, I am the least hostile, nicest 17 year old you'll ever meet, but damn, get over yourself. you put your pants on the same way everyone else does, you aren't any better than anyone else here...

5. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

Bob Marley is mearly an icon and a great artist, not one of which I live my life by. I can act however I want to people who dont wanna (or seems to refuse) use common sense. If you wanna disagree with me, by all means. But Bob Marley sure wont change my attitude towards moronic people

6. hippin life

hippin life Member

the only glass piece i have ever used with a screen was a sherlock. when you pack the spoon take a bit of bud and put it over the hole, then you can sprinkle some shake on it if you like...if you know how to pack a spoon, you honestly dont need a screen

7. Tainted

Tainted Member

Man you need to get the fuck out of here. There's nothing moronic about using a screen in a pipe, it's simply preference. They make screens specifically for glass pipes, so obviously there is a number of people out there that prefer to have a screen. In regards to the OP, he is obviously new to using a spoon, there's no reason to get an attitude about it. I'm sure when you first started smoking there were things you didn't know too.

8. happyonehit420

happyonehit420 Member

okay then, I disagree, but I do not want an argument between us. I don't think it's right to call people morons if they don't do something that you do, or do something you don't. I could just as easily say it's moronic not to use a screen because cleaning the pipe is more of an effort. If you use a screen, you stop anything but smoke from getting inside your pipe, so it's much easier to clean, but, again, who am I to judge? Like Tainted said, it's just preference.

9. maxxon

maxxon Member

I have a glass spoon and I always use a metal screen. It doesnt always fit the best but i just bend and mold it untill it does. i dunno for some reason if i dont use a screen i get alot of ash and the weed falls into the chamber.

10. boogans

boogans Member

I mean, yeah. Personal preference. I was just offering a possible alternative. :)

I actually picked up a solution to this. You take a little piece of cardboard or something (usually a piece of the box that the papers came from), and roll it into a little mouth piece deal. Put it in the joint before you roll it up. It also helps a little, structurally.

And I agree with the difference part.

11. Crazy_P

Crazy_P Member

If you can load a bowl right, you don't need a screen. Just do it like you're making a campfire, but up-side down. :)

12. hippin life

hippin life Member

i had no intention of conveying a negative attitude about it. Of course i didn't know everything, i was simply telling him how to pack it w/o a screen. I have used screens before, but with many spoons you dont need a screen.

13. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

Fine, use a screen, have fun

14. happyonehit420

happyonehit420 Member

oh, believe me, I wasn't trying to sound unthankful for the suggestions, I definitely am going to give them a try, I was just trying to say that it's just what I like, to use a screen in a bowl. I would start acting like Bush if I completely closed my mind off to different, alternative ways of doing something, even something as simple as how a bowl is loaded. And, I do agree that different types of spoons may or may not need a screen, like mine with an unusually large hole, I would have to be leaving pretty large chunks in there to stop the shake from going through, but, it's worth a shot. There are times when I find messing with a screen a tad bothersome, like when I drop it and can't find it anywhere no matter how hard I look, and of course I don't have another one....or when it get's too resinated, and won't let air through, and of course no tweezers or anything is available for me to hold it while I burn the resin off....there's almost always something....

15. Groovy Toker

Groovy Toker Senior Member

I use bongs anyways don't need to worry bout screens

16. happyonehit420

happyonehit420 Member

groovy toker, when it comes to bongs, do you have a particular style you like? I know you said you had one just like the one in your signature pic, but I don't know if you have any other ones....

17. floridapete

floridapete Members

I use a stainless steel screen – or mesh as I call it – in 100% of my pipes. I see nothing wrong with the idea. When I buy something that comes without – I buy a small piece of the filter screen – 50 x 50 wire mesh plain weave.

Nothing wrong with a screen at all - just personal preference, and now I am used to it after years of practice.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2018