Glass Spoon Pipe...wtf???

Discussion in 'Show Your Piece' started by bigfudge_7, Mar 1, 2006.

1. bigfudge_7

bigfudge_7 Member

ok, i jus got a glass spoon pipe, and i need to know something. do you need to use a screen for it? it is unstablewith a screen, but wont you get weed in your throat if you dont use one?

Also there is a fukked up taste, almost like rancid spagetti WTF is that?

2. Groovy Toker

Groovy Toker Senior Member

umm obviously you need a screen, unless you like to eat ash

3. bigfudge_7

bigfudge_7 Member

ok then, anyone wanna buy a glass spoon? JUST KIDDING, could anyone recommend a type of bong/pipe that the stupid screen wont keep falling out?

4. nesta

nesta Banned

what are you talking about? a screen in a glass pipe is about as necessary as wearing socks with sandals. it can be done, and some people like it, but its not at all necessary.

a glass pipe should taper inside the bowl and come to a small opening. it shouldnt poop out on you unless you're sucking as if you're trying to get a diamond out of there or something.....i'll use a screen in my bubbler because the stem leading into the water is narrow enough that if i didnt it would get clogged often. but i don't know ANYBODY who regularly uses screens in their spoons, although occasionally you'll do that if there is a peice chipped out near the bottom of the bowl making the opening too big, or if they just feel like it. yeah, you can do it. but once its really resinated it can get pretty hard to remove without damaging the glass. part of the reasoning behind smoking out of glass is that it generally will taste better than a metal pipe. so if you're going for glass, why put a metal screen in there? they're designed to not require a screen.

also, the best tasting (but harshest on the throat) smoke generally comes out of a brand new, clean glass pipe. if it tastes bad, you should wash it really well.

fluke likes this.
  5. slangshot1

slangshot1 Member

nesta is rigth i have never smoked out of a glass pipe with a screen

6. bigfudge_7

bigfudge_7 Member

groovy toker, you have the bong in the pic? how is it? does the screen fall out the the time? if not i will just get one of those babies

7. EnterTheFarside

EnterTheFarside the cats pajamas

unless the hole is unusually large, you dont need a screen

8. nesta

nesta Banned

can you honestly not tell that the picture is not a photograph? you need help man....

9. bigfudge_7

bigfudge_7 Member

can you see the writing under the fucking picture? it says I HAVE A BONG IDENTICAL TO THIS ONE!!! with arrows pointing up... that means he has a bong similar to the one in the pic stupid... i asked him howw he likes it. whats your problem?

BTW, im in a bad mood, and didnt get much sleep last night... sorry forbeing an asshole

10. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

I always wondered about that glass stuff and the little hole. I asked a similar question about it and the friendly people here told me what's up. Little hole is fine for toking, just don't smoke finely busted up shake in it. I'd avoid sucking too hard so you don't get ash. Inhale just enough to get the smoke and not disturb the ash sitting precariously on the edge of the hole. lol

11. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

this is absolutely correct..............like seriously putting a screen in a glass spoon is stupid and if it tasts bad eithre u have no taste or u need to wash it really goood

12. Groovy Toker

Groovy Toker Senior Member

I take the screens out of all my bowls.. cause I like to have my bowls pull through.. and yes I got the identical bong from my sig picture

13. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

Your fucking stupid if you use screens for your spoons. You also might wanna concider killing yourself

14. lazy grey

lazy grey Member

yo you want a screen that bad get a small piece of glass [make shure it cant slide threw ]and smoke away might be a good idea to soften down the edges a bit not hard at all this works well as a screen in glass but i agree ya dont really need one

15. Tainted

Tainted Member

no need for the hostility man.

They make glass screens for glass bowls. I've used metal screens, but I prefer no screen in my spoon. You can pretty much tell when there's only a hit or so left in the bowl and just hit it carefully or tap it out.

16. happyonehit420

happyonehit420 Member

what the hell?? I don't know anyone who doesn't use a screen in their spoons. I wouldn't smoke out of one if it didn't have one, either. Well, I take that back. Yes, I would, but I would most definitely complain. I hate having the shit get into my mouth, and if you cut the screen just right, it will fit perfectly into the bowl, and not be so unstable. you just gotta shape it right. Sometimes, it depends on the spoon pipe. Ive seen ones with tiny, tiny holes in the bottom of the bowl, and then, no, I wouldn't use a screen, but mine has a pretty big hole, and even when I barely suck in, pot particles get all over my tongue, and I hate that. The worst I've seen was someone putting a pebble from the street in their bowl to stop shake from getting sucked into his mouth, but I've never done that personally. who are you to say that someone is stupid for using a screen?? To me, not using a screen is pretty retarded, but if you like wasting smokeable pot, then so be it. I don't even realize I'm using a screen, mine never gets in the way or anything, and I dont get shake all in my mouth. As far as the bad taste, after buying a new pipe, I would wash it first, cuz sometimes from headshops, they have this nasty cleaning shit still on the pipes. Like lysol spray that just stayed there. It doesn't happen all the time, but just to be safe I always wash em...

17. rydns

rydns Member

if you need a screen for a glass spoon you cant pack

its an art just as much as rolling
    you gotta overstuff make a nice mound the compress with your lighter
    then you wont need a screen.

18. nesta

nesta Banned

seriously, its not at all necessary. i dont see why you'd need one unless you lack the ability to even pack the bowl. it doesnt even have to be full, you just have to pack it down. i pretty much NEVER have anything get in my mouth. its much more likely to be a problem with blunts and american style joints.

19. boogans

boogans Member

There's a lotta hosility in this thread.

I have never even used a screen. If the hole is too big, I just put a little nug at the bottom, and then pack as normal.

I haven't ever even seen a screen. :p

20. the blue skittle

the blue skittle Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

if your glass pipe needs a screen so it wont shit in your mouth than you bowl sucks thats all there is to it. and wuts wrong with american style joints, ive never had one if my j's shit in my mouth cuz i roll up a piece of sturdy paper (such as a piece of a ciggarette box) and stick it in the back.

fluke likes this.