Glass Pieces & The Tragedy of Breaks

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by djomalley, Oct 20, 2010.

1. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

I just broke yet another glass piece today. 3rd one in this month alone! =/ When it shattered into 30 pieces I seriously wanted to cry.

Guess I'll be sticking with papers for awhile... I just went out and bought some for the first time in a loooooooooong time and discovered I'd gotten very rusty in the rolling department.

In Florida, most of us do not have carpet so the risk of your bowl surviving a fall is normally not that great. Eventually I will get another piece, but for now I think buying another bowl just seems pointless. =X

2. Startreken

Startreken Marijuana Chef!

Although, I do love glass, have you considered getting a nice brass piece or just a one hitter as a back up?

I too have lost some loved ones to the hard surfaces. The worst one was a brand new bong. It was beautiful, I made a special road trip to Wisconsin for this one. The piece was awsome and it cost a lot of money. I even bought a backup slide just in case I broke that. I purchased it and they covered it in bubble wrap and put it in a box. When I got home I was holding all of my other stuff I got that day and it was in my hands. The bottom of the box opened up and the entire bong slid out of the box and smashed into bits inside the bubble wrap. One layer of bubble wrap was not enough for a fall from that distance. I never got a chance to smoke it. Not even once. However the slide did live and I use it to this day.

3. jimmydean885

jimmydean885 Member

ouch. my stomach clinched reading your story startreken!

4. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

Yeah me too!!! Thats definitely a tragic story.

I've never owned a brass piece. I'm not so sure how I feel smoking out of something metal. Then again I did own a dugout and liked that because I could just walk anywhere and smoke.

5. Popularity

Popularity Senior Member

That really blows startreken. I've never broken a piece (besides intentionally).