Glass bottle?

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by DejaVoo, May 30, 2004.

1. DejaVoo

DejaVoo stardust

Me and my sister bought these cool glass bottle sodas, and i still kept the bottles, and i was thinking it would be interesting if I could do something cool with them..but I don't know what? Any ideas? thank you! :)

2. uozumi

uozumi Member

When my dad was little he had a glass tapper thing....he could take wine bottles and cut the tapering tops off and sand the cut part down to make cups.

3. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

They are good for storing herbs in oil orrrrrrrr I have seen the kits to turn bottles

into oil lamps. They were really awesome looking.

4. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

You could use them for incense burners. Just paint them and make them pretty... then you can hook the incense sticks onto a keyring or something to keep them from falling and put them down in there... you could even use a little net to hang the bottle from the ceiling or something... :)

5. uozumi

uozumi Member

You could put beads or colored sand in the bottles and light drip candles on top. Anyone here ever use drip candles?

6. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Are those the kind that change colors as they burn? Because those are cool. I have some penis candles. I got them for my birthday. :D

7. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

Make bongs out of them!

8. day_tripper77

day_tripper77 Member

if you do that, you need to drill a couple of holes in the bottle down near the bottom so that the smoke can filter out and your incense wont go out.. i believe that they make glass bits for drills, but a friend of mine told me to use grinding stones...

9. DejaVoo

DejaVoo stardust

oil lamps? do u mean like lava lamps or something? thats cool! cant u jus do it urself or do u have to buy those lil kits?

10. DejaVoo

DejaVoo stardust

Whoa what are drip candles? and HappyHahaGirl said they change colors? whoa! is that true? haha wel li dont really like candles but those sounds kinda cool. where do u get em at?

11. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

In Voodoo beliefs, there's such a thing as a bottle tree... hanging bottles from a tree so they collect water, and in turn, collects negative energy and bad spirits and 'traps' them in the bottles to make the energy around them positive - or the other way to look at it, the bottles carry positive energy in all the watter they collect... you can decorate the bottles and decoratively decorate a tree for luck...

Or just decorate them with glow in the dark paint, they'll look cool around the room at night!

12. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

Hey did the drip candle thing not to long ago for my daughter. I used to make them alot as a teen. She loved it !!

13. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

The oil lamps kits I'm speaking of you can get at craft stores. Gives you a top for the bottle and a wick. You can use whatever color oil you want just be sure you get the clean burning type or you'll get a black residue from the flame.