glade plug ins

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by interval_illusion, Jan 28, 2005.

  1. i dont usually post this kinda shit but if this is true it is defiantly good to know


    My brother and his wife learned a hard lesson this last week.
    Their house burned down...nothing left but ashes. They have good
    insurance, so the home will be replaced and most of the contents. That
    is the good news. However, they were sick when they found out the cause of
    the fire.

    The insurance investigator sifted through the ashes for several hours.
    He had the cause of the fire traced to the master bathroom. He asked
    my sister-in-law what she had plugged in in the bathroom. She listed
    the normal things....curling iron, blow dryer. He kept saying to her,
    "No, this would be something that would disintegrate at high temperatures." Then, my sister-in-law remembered she had a Glade Plug-in in the bathroom.

    The investigator had one of those "Aha" moments.

    He said that was the cause of the fire. He said he has seen more home
    fires started with the plug in type room fresheners than anything else.
    He said the plastic they are made from is a THIN plastic. He said
    in every case there was nothing left to prove that it even existed.

    When the investigator looked in the wall plug, the two prongs left from
    the plug-in were still in there! My sister-in-law had one of the plug-ins
    that had a small night light built in it. She said she had noticed that
    the light would dim....and then finally go out. She would walk in a
    few hours later, and the light would be back on again.

    The investigator said that the unit was getting too hot, and would dim
    and go out rather than just blow the light bulb. Once it cooled down,
    it would come back on. That is a warning sign.

    The investigator said he personally wouldn't have any type of plug
    in fragrance device anywhere in his house. He has seen too many
    burned down homes.

    Thought I would warn you all. I had several of them plugged in my
    house. I immediately took them all down.
     
  2. mynameiskc

    mynameiskc way to go noogs!

    yeah, it's true. i was just staying with some friends a couple weeks ago, and they had a glade plug-in in their basement apartment that had been there since the dawn of time. the thing was old an melting. just as i was blow drying my hair, the whol house shorted out and there were sparks coming out of that outlet. i never did like the idea of hot oils sitting in an electrical outlet.
     
  3. crazy shit. i dont have any but now i know i never will.
     
  4. seamonster66

    seamonster66 discount dracula

    fuck, my wife has those plugged into every available socket
     
  5. mynameiskc

    mynameiskc way to go noogs!

    well, i'd go to a friend's house, and i'd see their plug in in the outlet, turning the wall brown, melting, looking like a total fire-hazard, and wonder why the fuck they kept the stupid things.
     
  6. olhippie54

    olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

    I heard about it. Got rid of all of mine. Now I just burn incense.
     
  7. mynameiskc

    mynameiskc way to go noogs!

    i se candles for short periods of time. i can't handle too much perfume in the air for too long, gives me a headache.
     
  8. madcrappie

    madcrappie crazy fish

    I never had one, I just have incense
     
  9. i use candles and incense.
     
  10. mynameiskc

    mynameiskc way to go noogs!

    my house usually just smells like food.
     
  11. bedlam

    bedlam Senior Member

    smiles,,, she may be trying to tell you something...
     
  12. seamonster66

    seamonster66 discount dracula

    If she were trying to tell me something, she would say it...the way she is.
     
  13. hahaha.. in any case... id tell her to take them out. :)
     
  14. missfontella

    missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

    i have some but they are not plugged in

    if I do plug them up. Jordan rips them out of the wall and holds it up to his nose. He walks down the hall sniffing away......the kid's got problems

    what were we talking about?
     
  15. Peanuts

    Peanuts Nutz

    Hey, thanks for posting this. I have one and I am going to take it out. In fact I am going to copy and paste this post and send it to my friends. I know a few that have these things.

    Thanks again. You could of saved us from having another horendous fire.
     
  16. you're welcome. even though i dont usually post forwards.. i did this cause it seemed believable and thought maybe it could help someone.

    it makes me upset that they are still sold. :(
     
  17. madcrappie

    madcrappie crazy fish

    ummm I think that story is a hoax.
     
  18. you would. ;)

    but really it makes sense. think about it.

    and what about what kc said?
     
  19. madcrappie

    madcrappie crazy fish

    its not hard to make up a story on the internet. the dude didnt even give his name or anybody's name, and there is no proof that this actually happened. for all I know it could have been some anti-glade company that wanted people to stop buying glade plug ins.

    the same thing has happened to our restaurant. we had people call up to our place asking us if we were still open, and it was during normal business hours. then one lady told us that someone told her that he went up to our restaurant, and we were closed, and he looked inside to see no furniture at all. I think some other restaurant in town is trying to spread rumours that we are closing, more than likely another steakhouse......
     
  20. well, i never said it was true. kc said it was. i said that IF it is true then it's good to know. that's all.
     

Share This Page


  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice