Giving money to charity...

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by beachbum7, Dec 28, 2004.

1. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

Just wondering, when was the last time you gave money to charity? Today, I mailed a $60 check to the American Red Cross, which hopefully will go to the relief efforts in Southeast Asia. It felt good to do something - now, I need to do more of it.

2. 1FASTMF

1FASTMF Member

Just donated my 88 Mercury Grand Marquis to the American Cancer Society. Hated to part with it because it runs great and is BIG TIME comfortable - Just never use it - got newer cars to drive.

3. Tuk_Tuk

Tuk_Tuk Member

Ive never given a large amount to any charity, a few dollars here and therem but I give what I can so It makes me feel good knowing a gave the money to charity rather than going and buying a pint or something like that....

On a similar note, I almost always give to people on the street which many people I know discourage doing. I feel that I should give even if they do just spend it on liqour or drugs since this may make thier life easier, even if its just for a little while. Anyway I was wonder how everyone else views this....

Peace and Love,
    Jon

4. juicy_redgirl

juicy_redgirl Daphney

I sent money to the local shelters a week before Christmas.

5. peace_is_possible

peace_is_possible Member

i haven't done it in awhile and i should more often but if anyone is looking for an awsome cause to give to, the A.S.P.C.A can use all the help it can get!

6. Woodstock

Woodstock Member

Personally i gave 10 euro, my stepdad doubled it, so it is 20:p
    We had this huge action here (in holland) we collected more then 112million euros
    so that's like 7.50 euro per citizen!! awesome! plus the government gave a total of 25 million. --> quite some money eh?

7. spooner

spooner is done.

nope. but i bet it eases america's conscience to help the people who's bonded labour makes their clothes.

8. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I gave $30 to disaster relief international after the tsunami... and I gave like 2 bucks during christmas to the salvation army... before that its been a while...

9. austin69

austin69 Member

I gave five dollars to the Tsunami victims, it may not seem like much but its all i have in my allowance....

10. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

I gave €50 to the tsunami appeal, disgracefully I don't often give to charity, but the tsunami tugged the heart strings.

11. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

i'm saving my money up for rainforest donation. i have 320 saved up

12. BrokenHunny

BrokenHunny Member

I have a thrift store- I donate a percentage to the susan G breast cancer foundation

13. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

it's been a LONG Time actually... i used to donate a lot of money last year to church related things.. to missionaries who go out and do stuff and make no money. the only way they get money is from ppl donating... and i used to donate to a radio station as well... i probably donated up to $300-$400 last year... (maybe more, i'm not sure...) to that kind of stuff... then i stopped b/c i was trying to save $ and now well... I don't really support the church anymore... and just haven't found a good cause recently, though you all have brought up some really good ideas :) i've been thinking about this recently so i'm glad i saw this thread :D