Giving and recieving

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Sebbi, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Sebbi

Sebbi Senior Member

My sensai told me:

"You give and give and give to the extent that I have to hit you on the head with a rubber mallet.

It is so important for you to learn to recieve and to learn to ask more of life:

I have spent 15 years not daring to ask anything of life and it's only now that I have the guts to ask anything of it.

Don't make my mistake."

I have needs and I have desires and I deserve for them to be fulfilled. I'm experiencing the joy of giving but the sorrow of not recieving is becoming to much now.

Now it's time for me to recieve my fill.

Blessings

Sebbi

2. Hikaru Zero

Hikaru Zero Sylvan Paladin

Sebbi, your sensei is a wise man, then.

I remember an old quote that was once said to me ...

"A great leader must know how to take the credit when things go right, and the blame when things go wrong."

It is important to note that taking the credit is mentioned.

If you only give and never recieve, then you're either brave and stupid, or brave and intelligent. And I mean, on Ghandi's level brave and intelligent. That's a level that few have ever attained, and ever will attain.

Take your share. You deserve it. If you have given your entire life and never recieved, then make sure you take what you deserve, and use it wisely. If not, then you are merely a self-enslaved victim of bondage, the same as a slave who doesn't want to be liberated because he is afraid of the consequences.

Sebbi, and I, and many others need to heed our own advice for once, but he's right. Life sucks otherwise.