Girls, got any hair ideas?

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by madcap, May 29, 2007.

1. madcap

madcap Member

Hi,
    im desperate to change my hair colour, ive had it dyed dark brown now 4 nearly 2 years. My hair colour is naturally very dark blonde.
    Im thinking of getting blonde highlights, can a hairdresser put light blonde highlights in to dark brown dyed hair?
    Or anyone else got any ideas on how i can funk up my hair a bit?

2. lucyinthesky16

lucyinthesky16 pirate wench

i think they can, but be forewarned, in order to do it it involves bleaching it a bit, so if you have frizzy or dry hair, you might want to consider something like bright red instead (i have naturally dark brown hair, and im considering that myself) be sure to post pictures!

3. sanja_serbia

sanja_serbia Senior Member

I'm not sure, I think you should ask your hairdresser (if you trust him, which is very important)....I usually don't do anything with my hair before I consult him...

4. They can definitely do blonde on dark brown but you might want to try something a bit warmer for summer.

I'd suggest do a couple colours to add depth: caramel, blonde and even a nice red. Or at least do some copper and blonde just to pull everything together.

Also make sure to take good care of your hair if your dying it. I can't stress this enough.

5. nynysuts

nynysuts No Gods, No Masters

go plum! it's a really flattering colour,a nd you can put reddish overtones in,